This page contains all current updates of Nuclear Throne. Features that were removed or redesigned during the development, are listed on the Removed/Changed Content page.
- 1 Recent Updates
- 1.1 Update #99 - Update 99 - November 6th, 2017
- 1.2 Update #98 - Thronebutt - February 21st
- 1.3 Update #97 - Clouds and Tweaks - December 15th
- 1.4 Update #96 - The Real Deal - December 5th
- 1.5 Update #95 - Shiny Throne - November 17th
- 1.6 Update #94 - Weeklies! - October 16th
- 1.7 Update #93 - Happy Birthday, Nuclear Throne! - October 10th
- 1.8 Update #92 - The Beginning Of The End Part II - September 27th
- 1.9 Update #91 - The Beginning Of The End! - September 21st
- 2 Update Archive
- 3 Updates #90 - #81
- 3.1 Update #90 - Grab a Friend! - September 11th
- 3.2 Update #89 - Looping - September 4th
- 3.3 Update #88 - Tweak Tweak, Fix Fix - August 28th
- 3.4 Update #87 - Efficiency - August 21st
- 3.5 Update #86 - Meta Update - August 14th
- 3.6 Update #85 - Secret Update - August 7th
- 3.7 Update #84 - Daily Updates - July 31st
- 3.8 Update #83 - Ultra Update - July 25th
- 3.9 Update #82 - Crystal Party! - July 17th
- 3.10 Update #81 - We just really want weekend right now - July 11th
- 4 Updates #80 - #71
- 4.1 Update #80 - Bear with us - July 5th
- 4.2 Update #79 - Crown Mess - June 28th
- 4.3 Update #78 - That's the sound of the beast! - June 19th
- 4.4 Update #77 - This is not the update in which we add Jungle - June 12th
- 4.5 Update #76 - Fasten your seatbelts - June 5th
- 4.6 Update #75 - Golden Age - May 29th
- 4.7 Update #74 - Revival Time! - 22nd
- 4.8 Update #73 - Shielder shields shield Shielders - May 15th
- 4.9 Update #72 - The Beautiful Update - May 9th
- 4.10 Update #71 - Literally a million tiny things - May 1st
- 5 Updates #70 - #61
- 5.1 Update #70 - Bolt Variety - April 27th
- 5.2 Update #69 - Four assassins - April 17th
- 5.3 Update #68 - The Long Overhaul - April 10th
- 5.4 Update #67 - What dog? - April 6th
- 5.5 Update #66 - Yung Update - March 27th
- 5.6 Update #65 - Warming Up - March 22nd
- 5.7 Update #64 - Maintenance Week - February 27th
- 5.8 Update #63 - Free Crowns - February 20th
- 5.9 Update #62 - Terribly Special Effects - February 6th
- 5.10 Update #61 - Taking out the Trash - January 28th
- 6 Updates #60 - #51
- 6.1 Update #60 - The Gun Update - January 23rd
- 6.2 Update #59 - Little bit of balancing - January 10th
- 6.3 Update #58 - Highly Experimental Mutations - January 4th
- 6.4 Update #57 - Mutant holidays and a happy new year! - December 25th
- 6.5 Update #56 - Portals and bolts - December 19th
- 6.6 Update #55 - I can't believe it's Daily Runs! - December 12th
- 6.7 Update #54 - Sweet Sounds Of The Future - December 5th
- 6.8 Update #53 - Ultra Fixes - November 30th
- 6.9 Update #52 - Craters & Flames - November 21st
- 6.10 Update #51 - The tired update - November 18th
- 7 Updates #50 - #41
- 7.1 Update #50 - Cleaning up! - November 7th
- 7.2 Update #49 - The Distant Future - November 2nd
- 7.3 Update #48 - The same level over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again - October 24th
- 7.4 Update #47 - Week of Sound - October 19th
- 7.5 Update #46 - Happy Birthday Nuclear Throne - October 10th
- 7.6 Update #45 - The Rogue Update - October 3rd
- 7.7 Update #44 - Small Grenades - September 19th
- 7.8 Update #43 - Bugs and Balancing and all the beautiful stuff games are made from - September 5th
- 7.9 Update #41 & Update #42 - Heavy Load - August 23rd and September 1st
- 8 Updates #40 - #31
- 8.1 Update #40 - Shells of Fire - August 16th
- 8.2 Update #39 - Quality Time - August 8th
- 8.3 Update #38 - No Mountain Too High - August 1st
- 8.4 Update #37 - If you say Balance over and over again it doesn't sound like a word anymore - July 25th
- 8.5 Update #36 - The Fire In My Heart - July 18th
- 8.6 Update #35 - Shiny guns and fancy Thrones - July 12th
- 8.7 Update #34 - The Horror! The Horror! - July 4th
- 8.8 Update #33 - Just A Nuclear Throne Update - June 27th
- 8.9 Update #32 - Tiny Explosions - June 20th
- 8.10 Update #31 - The tiniest update - June 13th
- 9 Updates #30 - #21
- 9.1 Update #30 - Look at that Ally Animation! - June 6th
- 9.2 Update #29 - Guns that Think - May 30th
- 9.3 Update #28 - Interdimensional Chests - May 23rd
- 9.4 Update #27 - Fiery Scraps - May 16th
- 9.5 Update #26 - The Guardians - May 9th
- 9.6 Update #25 - Getting closer to the Nuclear Throne - May 2nd
- 9.7 Update #24 - Can you hear me? - April 25th
- 9.8 Update #23 - Back to old-school action - April 18th
- 9.9 Update #22 - Friendship - April 11th
- 9.10 Update #21 - Second Start - April 5th
- 10 Updates #20 - #11
- 10.1 Update #20 - A New Direction - April 1st
- 10.2 Update #19 - Thunder in my Heart - March 7th
- 10.3 Update #18 - Small list, Big changes - February 28th
- 10.4 Update #17 - Vault Security - February 21st
- 10.5 Update #16 - Fifty Weapons & High Level Chests - February 14th
- 10.6 Update #15 - Horrible Experiments - February 8th
- 10.7 Update #14 - Mystery arrives - February 1st
- 10.8 Update #13 - We'll fix you right up - January 24th
- 10.9 Update #12 - Revolution - 19 January 2014
- 10.10 Update #11 - Getting back into the habit - 11 January 2014
- 11 Updates #10 - #1
- 11.1 Update #10 - Voice of a Generation - 21 December 2013
- 11.2 Update #9 - Corpses Everywhere - 15 December 2013
- 11.3 Update #8 - Add a little bass to that shotgun & a nuke to the arsenal. - 07 December 2013
- 11.4 Update #7 - Chicken, Crowns, Gold & Much More - 30 November 2013
- 11.5 Update #6 - Smooth animations - 23 November 2013
- 11.6 Update #5 - The Frozen City - 16 November 2013
- 11.7 Update #4 - The I.D.P.D. - 9 November 2013
- 11.8 Update #3 - 3 November 2013
- 11.9 Update #2 - 28 October 2013
- 11.10 Update #1 - 20 October 2013
Update #99 - Update 99 - November 6th, 2017
- Area/weapon/mutation seeding is now far more consistent.
- There's now an option for borderless fullscreen on Windows (Alt+Shift+Enter / in options).
- There's now a confirmation dialog when exiting/restarting a run; R confirms in it.
- Safe spawns now work consistently.
- Added a setting for native cursors - when supported, this gets rid of mouse lag once and for all.
- Added a setting for mouselock (when available) - for windowed or multi-screen setups.
- Both players can now play the same character in coop without making use of bugs.
- Added localization support (see lang-example.ini / copy to lang.ini for translating)
- Almost too many bugfixes.
- Weapons returned by Determination no longer have cooldown of last seen weapon in that slot.
- Trying to pause mid-generation now pauses as soon as loading finishes.
- Game now auto-pauses if connection is lost to the in-use gamepad.
- Grenades no long persist on level change (since they could break generation / kill you).
- Proto statues no longer keep rads from previous encounter if forgotten
- Discs now have an axis-aligned bounding box and bounce *a little* more predictably. (don't get too excited - the spread is still there and you'll still hit yourself a lot)
- Player' plasma shots now hit players with iframe rules when reflected.
- IDPD grenades now harm IDPD (alongside everyone else) if deflected.
- Mimics are no longer multiplied on loops.
- Select enemies now just don't increment kill count instead of reducing it by 1.
- You can now blow up the last enemy with Melting's Ultra A (the trick: it'll leave a corpse).
- Proto chest now defaults to rusty revolver if it's weapon is gone.
- Jungle now consistently offers new mutations on each visit.
- You no longer accidentally pick up weapons when entering secret areas via objects.
- Weapons can no longer end up under $$$-specific prop.
- Hyper Crystal now clears additional area upon noticing the player.
- Ravens no longer lift up and land on same spot if there's nowhere to fly.
- Giving up crown of destiny no longer can cause you to have -1 mutation points.
- Rads should now get stuck on wall edges slightly less often now.
- The game will take minor effort not to spawn the player right on top of cars/generators.
- IDPD explosions appearing on one spot no longer stack horizontally.
- In a particular location, other cars no longer explode when using one of them.
- Elite inspectors no longer pull non-moving projectiles.
- Maggot spawns can no longer be duplicated on loops.
- Enemy' slugs will no longer hit things while on last (almost gone) frames of animation.
- Frog can now use Hammerhead mutation - use active ability when standing next to a wall.
- Fixed original weapon gaining cooldown of what last was in your secondary slot when picking up a new weapon while having only one (mostly affected only Chicken and Robot).
- Fixed portal not opening until van is gone if Big Dog and van are the last enemies on the level.
- Fixed automatic weapons/abilities being used when unpausing via Continue/ability button.
- Fixed necromancers trying to revive things that they can't revive (such as boss' corpses).
- Fixed necromancers not doing anything if the nearest corpse has no line of sight to it.
- Fixed a broken torch with T1 collision box behind T1 if dealing >1K damage to it during intro.
- Fixed grenades getting blown up in portal proximity few frames after opening.
- Fixed a number of oddities with Skeleton<->Melting changes.
- Fixed it being problematic to sit down on 7-3/HQ3 sometimes.
- Fixed portals in HQ not opening chests.
- Fixed IDPD freaks being able to freely leave 0-1.
- Fixed Rogue sometimes getting a rad canister on 7-3 with Open Mind.
- Fixed Crown of Love not applying to chests on 7-3.
- Fixed it being possible to farm kills by going between a level and HQ.
- Fixed some tiles being slippery when fighting guardians in 5-2 vault.
- Fixed a very occasional out-of-level hole appearing together with a hostile Horror.
- Fixed cluster spawns breaking through safe spawn walls sometimes.
- Fixed ultra bolts vanishing when out of 0-1
- Fixed it being possible to farm rads by killing-reviving Horror in coop.
- Fixed IDPD plasma ignoring iframes completely, as result dealing ~120 damage per second. It's now only almost always an insta-kill.
- Fixed ravens duplicating if killed just as they are about to liftoff.
- Fixed cars duplicating if grabbed by a snowbot just as they are about to explode.
- Fixed it being possible to force self to deal with a van by blowing up the last corpse around.
- Fixed Gun Warrant not allowing to use "infinite ammo" if clip is empty.
- Fixed blood weapon "exchanging" not working for Steroids' active.
- Fixed vans being required to destroy before a portal can open at 1-1 \ 1-2.
- Fixed proto chest jumping around if pulled onto the crown pedestal.
- Fixed jungle flower not spawning sometimes.
- Fixed certain 2-1 specific props not spawning sometimes.
- Fixed Technomancer spawning turrets outside of the level.
- Fixed a possibility of getting multiple 101-1 portals on loops.
- Fixed ultra bolts skipping enemies/walls sometimes.
- Fixed elite enemy spawn condition not being checked for each enemy separately when duplicating.
- Fixed "spawned" enemies (green rats, nest maggots) not getting killed upon entering secrets.
- Fixed Horror's Meltdown allowing to "reroll" any extra mutations due to some real old code.
- Fixed it being possible to pick up invisible weapons while in portal sometimes.
- Fixed big rads charging the statues only by 1 rad.
- Fixed 5-1 special prop sometimes getting destroyed by enemies on loops.
- Fixed laser and lightning crystals freely moving for a few frames if hit mid-charge.
- Fixed Lil Hunter extremely occasionally dying during spawn phase.
- Fixed weapons not being swappable during boss intros.
- Fixed it being possible to get free ammo via YV Ultra B when having no rads.
- Fixed IDPD portals spawning on top of the player without intending to.
- Fixed elite shielders telefragging the player sometimes (and generally teleporting oddly).
- Fixed golden cars still occasionally being amiss on 3-1.
- Fixed assassins not getting killed on special level transitions.
- Fixed quick restart in hard mode not incrementing hardmode runs statistic.
- Fixed "pop pop upgrade" not being free in terms of rad cost on ultra weapons.
- Fixed explosions and enemy flak-type projectiles not being cleared when a portal opens.
- Fixed it being possible to destroy throne columns with SPC/other wall clearing weapons before starting the fight.
- Fixed lightning weapons not working correctly at 0-1 boss fight.
- Fixed rogue strike canisters being replaced by rad canisters if a big weapon chest spawns.
- Fixed statues absorbing rads even before activation.
- Fixed weapons sometimes rapidly flying off in a direction because of appearing at the same spot.
- Fixed weapon pickup mask being slightly off-center.
- Fixed a rare crash related to elite shielder.
- Fixed 6-1' stationary enemies spawning under 6-1 L1+ boss sometimes.
- Fixed 7-3 and 0-1 bosses not dropping rads that were beamed into them.
- Fixed a rare softlock in 7-x enemy teleportation.
- Fixed "cursed"/glitched crown vaults (where non-guardian enemies would spawn inside).
- Fixed portals sometimes appearing at position of last exploded barrel on 1-x.
- Fixed Frog being unable to turn around when providing an opposite-to-moving-direction inputs.
- Fixed elite shielder's teleport not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug with specific prop unintentionally exploding after hitting it with an energy screwdriver and laser brain mutation.
- Fixed a rare softlock in raven flight algorithm.
- Fixed hyper launcher and hyper slugger hitting allies.
- Fixed a very rare bug with portals spawning off-level.
- Fixed portals spawning at an unnecessary offset from the last killed enemy.
- Fixed a rare crash on dying to CrownGuardian.
- Swap button now switches skins on daily, for lack of any other function.
- Weekly' tooltip now shows the name of the weapon in case you've no idea.
- Health chests now have a separate sprite when dropping from enemies with Confiscate in 2-?.
- Added a potential fix for music playing for a split second even if muted.
- Controls menu now knows more button names.
- Controls menu now waits until newly bound button is released to avoid triggering it's effect.
- Reworked formatted text drawing for performance and locale features.
- Holes inside 0-1 level are now a little darker for contrast.
- IDPD chests no longer appear to be regular large chests with Steroids' Ultra B.
- Proto chest now displays under the weapon(s).
- Names on daily/weekly boards are now shown to best extent.
- The game now randomly cleans up some of smoke/dust/debris if there's enough to lag the game.
- HUD now draws on top of mutation bar in case of too many mutations.
- Control menu' items can now be triggered with Enter (accept-key).
- Regular secondary weapons now draw with outlines during boss intros (b/c black background).
- Secondary weapon' outline now draws on 7-3 for ease of identification on screenshots.
- Van portals now display over most other enemies and effects (as they're a larger threat).
- Pickup prompt now shows the correct key name if it's not E.
- Crowns can now be picked with digit keys (like mutations/ultra mutations).
- Snowbots now have a separate sprite for holding red cars.
- Positional audio ("3d sound") can be disabled in audio options.
- Rusty revolver now has a separate sprite for loadout (thanks to BioOnPC).
- Most sounds can no longer restart more than once per frame, which helps performance.
- Large-scale wall destruction now lags less.
- Freeze frames now have decaying effect when stacking up too much (i.e. no 1s worth of FF).
- Settings are now saved right upon exiting the options menu in-game (to avoid loss of changes).
- Allies dying after portal opens should be a bit less laggy now.
- Grenades no longer make continuous sounds if hit near walls.
- 3-3 boss music now ends after it explodes.
- Captions are now shown for the nearest weapon, not for all nearby weapons. This is also guaranteed to be the weapon that you'll pick up on key press.
- If Chicken didn't find a health pickup on time in coop and was revived by other player, max health is no longer further reduced by 2.
- Fixed the game only checking if one (random) player has low health for health chest spawn.
- Swords & guitars now drop even if the according L1 level was skipped.
- Fixed rads not being attracted to a non-Horror player during beam use.
- Unsuspecting players now cannot be hurt by Frog "not holding it" during level loading.
- Fixed a player being stripped of Rhino Skin passive if they were fainted when it was picked.
- Mutation bar no longer displays under mutation buttons in coop.
- Players can no longer attempt revival of coop partners while at 0 health.
- Health chests can now restore maximum health to both players at once if they are Chicken.
- Rogue' ammo is now preserved upon reviving.
- Hammerhead uses left are now preserved upon reviving.
- "mutation bar" now displays the coop ultra mutations.
- If one of the players is YV, you now get the expected one-time effect on level ultra.
- P2 can now skip credits as well.
- Fixed Horror' passive having no effect on coop mutation choice with Crown of Destiny.
- Coop HUD no longer has duplicate elements for P2.
- Item drops now consider both players in calculations.
- Fixed Crown of Death' effect wearing off upon revival.
- Fixed "Eagle Eyes" bonus wearing off upon revival.
- Fixed camera looking at nothing if your Chicken's (missing) head gets exploded.
- Bloodlust/lucky shot now proc simultaneously for both players with the according "bond" mutation.
- Robot' passive now works consistently in coop.
- Fixed Strong Spirit recovering only for one player per level.
- Players now will automatically pick up their weapons upon revival, provided that they are still lying nearby.
- Fixed extra feet speed boost wearing off after a player dies.
- Fixed it being possible to pick wrong mutation in coop when both players are actively mouseovering them.
- The game now displays a separate kind of HUD for fainted players.
- Fixed Melting sometimes getting 3/2 HP upon revival.
- Fixed discs starting to hurt one of the players in coop earlier than the other.
- Fixed chests and crowns not always playing the touching player' sounds in coop.
- Fixed wrong line 2 color in Throne Butt description in coop.
- Fixed proto chests closing only by proximity towards one of the players in coop.
- Fixed player-race-specific alternate soundtracks not always triggering in coop.
- Fixed area-specific player sounds playing only for one of the players in coop.
- Fixed ammo pickups getting cursed only based on one player's actions.
- Fixed shovel/ultra shovel precision based on one player's stats in coop.
- All of the players are now shown on loading screens.
- Fixed various skills and effects only displaying above one player in coop.
(Bloodlust, Horror TB, Laser Brain, Level up, Robot' active, Steroids TB, Strong Spirit, weapon switch)
- Fixed Rogue' chests not always appearing in coop.
- Fixed Rogue not always causing the additional enemies to spawn.
- Fixed Melting' passive not always working in coop.
- Fixed weapons not always uncursing correctly in coop.
- Fixed gas TB effect not always working in coop.
- Fixed Rebel-specific sound on 1-3 victory not always playing in coop.
- Fixed Horror' passive not always working in coop.
- Fixed Y.V. specific loading screen text not always appearing.
- Fixed maggot canisters not checking appearance condition correctly in coop.
- Fixed big maggots only attempting to ambush one of the players in coop.
- Fixed 2-1 exploding enemies not always making the "approaching" sound in coop.
- Fixed 2-1 L1+ boss item drop condition not always working in coop.
- Fixed 4-1 entrance condition not always working in coop (now requires any player to meet the condition)
- Fixed 5-3 boss being biased towards terrorizing one of the players in coop.
- Fixed 6-1 exploding enemies only desiring to explode near one of the players in coop.
- Fixed 6-1 stationary enemies only being triggered by one of the players in coop.
- Fixed 6-1 L1+ boss not necessarily tracking the right player.
- Fixed 7-3 boss being only activateable by one of the players in coop.
- Fixed 7-3 boss only being interested in walking towards one of the players. If you had situations where one of the players was randomly ran over by the boss, that's what it was.
- Fixed vans being biased towards running over one player in coop.
- Timer now displays in bottom-left corner of the screen in coop.
- Fixed timer going faster than usual in coop.
- Fainted players now carry over to the next level as you could expect them to.
- Fainted players now emit a small amount of light in dark levels.
- Fixed wasting health on reviving characters with less maximum health.
- Fixed "Bloodlust" proc not working correctly in coop.
- Fixed "Recycle Gland" resetting P2's bullet ammo.
- Fixed Fish' passive working only at P1 slot.
- You can now switch to B-skin in coop by using "swap" key on character select screen.
- Fixed "Trigger Fingers" mutation' effect in coop.
- Fixed "Rhino Skin" mutation' effect wearing off after respawn.
Update #98 - Thronebutt - February 21st
- Thronebutt.com integration!
- Heavy Slugger Buff
- Jungle flies now have a chance of dropping maggots
- Lightning Crystals are now more aggressive
- Ultra Bolt Damage Buff
- Some minor Steroids changes (now starts with bullets, starting ammo increase)
- Huge things can no longer be revived (bosses, etc.)
- Fixed some retroactive achievements
- Removed Daily/Weekly from DRM-Free builds
- Coop fixes
- IDPD Van Depth fixes
- Several No Portal Bugs fixed
- Less freeze frames on Ally death
- Skeleton now loses mutations properly
- Lightning can now escape certain levels
- Mom attacks with toxic again
- YV purgatory bug fixed
- Lots of crashes fixed
- Van infinite loop fixed
- Collision optimalisations
- Lightning optimalisations
- Melting scorchmarks depth issues resolved
- Loadout guns no longer sound like chicken sword and vice versa
Update #97 - Clouds and Tweaks - December 15th
- A lot of tweaking to the enemies spawning on loop. Difficulty should increase throughout the areas a bit more and desert has been made slightly less ridiculous.
- Enemy HP now increases less with loops.
- Lil Hunter now spawns a second later, and looping decreases the spawn time less than it used to.
- Lil Hunter's weaponry now gets more powerful with loops.
- Hard mode now starts you out with slightly better weapons.
- Tiny Gamma Guts nerf, prepared to change it back if this ruins it.
- Energy Hammer now uses more ammo, spawns later, and deals more damage.
- Guitar rate of fire has been slowed down a bit.
- Energy Sword rate of fire has been slowed down a tiny bit.
- IDPD Freak now has better guns with more spread.
- Fixed bug that started game from loadout screen with gamepads.
- Fixed crash on Daily/Weekly load.
- Disabled 'G'-key that made gamepads unpredictable.
- Fixed Guardian point_distance bug on death in palace.
- Wrote better save corruption handling, should stop game from crashing on load.
- Fixed additional VertexBufferHandler errors resulting in corrupted graphics.
- Fixed Plant B skin unlock achievement not appearing when not looping.
- Crown of Risk and Crown of Luck icons are no longer swapped in the loadout screen.
- Fixed OSX game open crash on certain configurations.
- Fixed Linux game open crash on certain configurations.
- Fixed achievement bug with Plant's B-skin.
- Tutorial tweaks for gamepad support.
- Default menu selection with gamepad is now 'continue' rather than 'menu'.
- Improved Steam Cloud support.
- Allow for D-Pad control on gamepads.
- Smaller Save Icon.
- Retroactive Steam Achievements for a number of achievements.
- Certain secret weapons now adjust legacy values in old save files to prevent crashes.
Update #96 - The Real Deal - December 5th
- Trading cards, emotes, etc.
- Nerf for cluster grenade and small grenade impacts.
- Not sure if lasers go here or under fixes or both.
- The flamethrower is back for those of you who noticed it was gone.
- Added missing sound when the Throne comes up.
- Gamma Guts
- Control bug causing people to fire each step fixed.
- Gamepad should work again.
- Co-op controls fixed.
- Many save/load bugs fixed.
- Checked on some achievements not always triggering.
- Not sure if lasers go here or under fixes or both.
- Hopefully fixes for Daily/Weekly troubles, we'll keep checking in on this.
- Fixed weird glitchy screen (it was kind of pretty) happening on systems not supporting fast VertexBufferHandling.
Update #95 - Shiny Throne - November 17th
- Audio balancing! We've worked on all the volumes for every sound, to make the game sound way more clear and crisp and powerful!
- Control remapping!
- Tiny explosions now deal the same damage as normal explosions.
- Fireballers and Super Fireballers now have a max range.
- Update to Palace and Vault Guardians.
- All Plasma is no longer deflected by Shielders.
- You now get revived with your old ammo in co-op.
- Tiny Heavy Auto Crossbow rate of fire buff.
- Less Elite Grunt HP.
- Crown of Destiny now takes 1 level to give you a mutation when taken from the start.
- Slowed down Alligator reaction time.
- No more IDPD in secret areas.
- Refined taste is now more effective.
- Cursed ammo makes larger explosions.
- Tiny bit less lightning for the lightning cannon. Literally, tiny. As in, you won't notice it. Sorry.
- More damage for Heavy Grenades.
- New Chicken B-Skin unlock.
- Tweaked Horror's "early portals" Ultra a bit to not count Vans.
- Toxic Gas no longer deals damage under a certain size.
- More drops from Loop Bosses.
- Some balancing to the new IDPD unit.
- 0-1 Boss HP has been increased a bit.
- More Caves loop spawn variation.
- Some fixes regarding a certain Melting thing.
- Fixed Plant B-Skin unlock.
- Quitting a run no longer counts as a death.
- Big Dog can't spawn inside walls anymore.
- Ending is no longer broken.
- Fixed a few chest effect bugs.
- Fixed a lot of the depth issues on the campfire characters.
- Some minor seeding fixes.
- Fixed the icon for "no weapon" to not be a random bit of spritesheet.
- Fireballer attack sprites are no longer mirrored.
- Fixed some minor menu issues, this might have caused trouble for the co-op menu though.
- Fixed a crash caused by pausing co-op.
- Rebel can no longer kill herself with Riot.
- The "Friends" page on the daily and weekly result screen now only shows 10 entries at a time.
- Fixed a lot of issues with the loadout screen and weeklies.
- Enemies now play your hurt sound when hurting you with melee.
- The Proto Chest no longer destroys weapons.
- Fixed a side art issue, also greatly improving the performance.
- Everything that should play explosion sounds now does.
- Fixed a crash related to resizing the window.
- Built in a fix for when levels are empty but no portals appear.
- Both players can now pause co-op.
- Fixed Van depth.
- Shielders now stay inside their shields when shot.
- Starting with Crown of Death now gives you the downside.
- Fixed a Steam related error.
- No more walls inside props.
- Opening YV's chests now breaks the walls nearby, making more space for weapons.
- Fixed the Hyper Crystal charge particles.
- Fixed a collision bug with the 7-3 Beam.
- You can no longer take 2 cars at the same time.
- Better performance with side art.
- IDPD portals now have the correct sprite when disappearing.
- Big Bandit now plays his intro sound.
- Getting killed by a *CLASSIFIED* no longer shows as a Raven.
- Exiting your first run no longer unlocks melting.
- Car Music no longer keeps playing when leaving the level.
- Van and IDPD portals are now a lightsource.
- Recoded the camera code.
- Mutation, Crown, and Character texts are now colored. We've also done some rephrasing here and there.
- Tips are now seeded.
- HQ should now always be the same seed.
- Toned down Gamma Guts screen shake.
- There's now a small timer that shows how long you have to revive someone.
- Mimics are now inside bubbles in Oasis.
- Changed the timing for Big Dog's intro.
- Boss deaths now properly clear projectiles at the right time.
- Went over all the shadows to make sure they're nice.
- Tiny unlock popups no longer overlap.
- Unlocking a char now plays a voice clip.
- Rumble for gamepads!
- Customizable keys for gamepad, still work in progress for keyboard sadly.
- You can now view the credits from the options menu.
- Rewrote the camera system.
- A proper intro when you boot up the game!
- Rogue Strike now works better with gamepad.
- Better performance when loading a level.
- Palace music timing tweaks.
- Better Mom death.
- Better 0-1 Boss death.
- Saving Icon.
- New Music for 0-1.
- Retry button on the Weekly.
- Loop props are no longer random.
- Switched off auto-aim by default.
- Co-op cursor colors are back.
- Every character now has a unique stat!
- Gamepad improvements.
- Grenades now blink before exploding.
- Elite Shielders now have their own Shield art.
- Steroids' Ammo Chest now look different with Get Loaded.
- Generators now have sounds.
- Van sounds updated.
- New Sewer Pipe break sound.
- New Menu sounds.
- New Elite Grunt flames.
- New Big Rat charge sounds.
- New sounds for the 0-1 fight.
- Pickup disappear sound.
- Crystal Shield ricochet sound.
- Dying on 7-3 now says "you almost reached".
- 7-3 beam has been optimized.
- IDPD now sounds underwater in Oasis.
- New 0-1 Boss projectile art.
- New 0-1 Boss death sound.
Update #94 - Weeklies! - October 16th
- New settings! Most significantly, we've added a few more cursors and the option to pick side-art instead of black bars on the side.
- An update to the Throne itself!
- Big upgrade to gamepad functionality in the menus, including access to the loadout screen!
- Many Ultra Mutation changes and updates, including Rebel, Robot, Steroids, Crystal (faster Juggernaut), and Horror.
- Big update to the stats screen, including win, speedrun, hard mode, daily, and weekly stats!
- New sounds for various cool, huge, dangerous things!
- Chicken B-skin can now be unlocked.
- New sounds for all characters!
- Sounds for all Ultra mutations!
- Colored shadows! Barely noticable, but this'll make Frozen City feel colder, Jungle junglier, etc.
- Reduced rads dropped by some bosses and most enemies after caves a tiny bit.
- Hyper Launcher, Ultra Crossbow, Bouncer Shotgun, and Heavy Assault Rifle rate of fire has been increased.
- Ultra Revolver and Bouncer Shotgun are now automatic.
- Ultra Grenades now drop rads when exploding.
- Crown of Blood now spawns more elites.
- Swapped some pre- and post-loop crowns.
- Tiny Recycle Gland, Gamma Guts, Stress & Lucky Shot buff.
- Crown of Luck gives more enemies 1HP.
- Golden and normal Scorpions now have the same range.
- Sharp Teeth damage has been increased.
- Elite Frogs have less HP.
- More Golden Snowtank HP.
- Changed some of the character/b-skin unlock requirements a tiny bit.
- Some Devastator love.
- Earlier Flamethrower and Bouncer SMG spawns.
- More damage from green explosions.
- A bit more time before Vans spawn.
- No more cursed spiders on normal loop areas.
- Rebel's Throne Butt has been slowed down a tiny bit.
- Tiny bit less health for Generator.
- Reproducing enemies such as Big Dog's missiles and the Hyper Crystal spawns no longer count as kills.
- Ultra Shotgun uses a bit more ammo and rads.
- Update to the Caves loop boss!
- Lightning Crystals are now a bit more faster and have more range.
- Secret areas now don't spawn random enemies on loop.
- Energy Hammer cost, reload time, and damage have all been increased.
- Golden and normal Shotgun now have the same rate of fire.
- Fixed the Rogue Canister crash.
- Ending a daily or weekly after it has ended (but starting while it's still active) should now submit your score correctly.
- Chests no longer disappear when touching props.
- You can no longer view locked stats.
- Co-op and hard mode no longer reset your streaks.
- Portal in 0-1 is back.
- Robot's B-skin can no longer unlock multiple times.
- Updated laser collisions.
- Updated Spider and Snowbot collisions.
- Generators now drop weapons when you run with Crown of Guns.
- Laser Cannon now aims correctly with gamepad.
- Allies now behave correctly when playing with gamepad.
- Corpses are no longer light sources.
- Loading info is no longer shown when loading cutscenes.
- Tutorial bandits now have corpses.
- Fixed a "double Portal Strike" bug caused by pausing the game.
- Bloodlust and Lucky Shot now work properly in co-op.
- Fixed minor visual glitches related to the HUD/portals.
- No more chests inside walls, hopefully.
- Fixed various depth issues, including the infamous desert bones drawing in the wrong order!
- All bosses now stop the boss music when defeated.
- Big Dog missiles now sound like metal.
- No more Horror in the Pizza Sewers getting instantly blown up.
- Fixed the quick restart music bug!?
- Unlock screen can no longer be behind the game over screen.
- Boss Intro's pause the timer.
- Fixed Lil Hunter's sprite when flying after death.
- Guitar swing now looks heavy.
- Rad Chests/a certain Scrapyard prop should now be guaranteed.
- You can no longer unlock Melting by winning.
- CLASSIFIED* can no longer get stuck in endless teleports when she kills you.
- Music for Crown Guardians is back.
- Flying maggots now don't count as kills when turning into normal maggots.
- Hyper Slug now glows.
- Melting post-death explosions fixed.
- Crown of Luck and Crown of Risk no longer have their icons swapped.
- Buff Alligators are back on pre-loop runs.
- Fixed enemy lightning visuals.
- Pausing during the Ultra screen in co-op no longer removes the mutation icons.
- Fixed a Heavy Grenade collision problem.
- Golden Snowtank corpse is now Golden.
- Your Crown now flies with you through portals!
- Mutations are now shown on the game over screen.
- Various optimizations.
- Death sequence for the 0-1 boss!
- Killing the boss in 7-3 makes the Generators inactive again.
- Various tiny effects and details added.
- Pickup sound for the Guitar.
- Elite Grunts now have jetpack flames.
- Some changes to the cocoons.
- Enemy missiles are now easier to see.
- A million new tips!
- All floor "materials" are now up to date, resulting in more appropriate walking sounds in some of the newer areas.
- Various new light sources in dark levels.
- Some tiny audio balancing things.
- More props at the campfire scene.
- Your window state (fullscreen or not) is now saved.
- New splat for the tiny unlock popups.
- Plasma now slows the game down less.
- Fixed the sound for underwater mines.
- The window now has a minimum size of 320x240.
- The tutorial no longer counts for the stat screen.
- Timer is now shown on the game over screen when enabled.
- Crown names are now drawn without brackets.
- Horror now breaks all rad chests on the level.
- Some changes to Cuz.
- Throne carpet looks better.
- Some tweaks to the character select.
- Main Menu daily/weekly timer are now shown on hover.
- Big Dog explosion tweaks.
- More things explode into flames now.
- Alligators now also spawn a !!! before firing.
- Removed the floor tiles spawned by a Crown Portal.
- Crowns no enter portals.
- Crown of Haste looks better.
- Update to the wave gun sound.
- Frog heal effect.
- Minor updates to some of the music.
- Update to Chicken's ULTRA HUD icons.
- Sniper and basic enemy bullet art updated.
- Green Explosion art updated.
- Update to Proto Portal visuals
- Update to slash readability.
- Gamma Guts kill sound.
- HP pickup sounds! Can't believe we never had those.
- Palace prop update.
Update #93 - Happy Birthday, Nuclear Throne! - October 10th
- A voice for Rogue and all other remaining characters!
- A new save file system. This means we hopefully won't have to clear your save files anymore! As a side effect, we've decided to remove the Unlock All button. What you unlock now is (probably) yours forever. Unless you hit the delete button. Obviously.
- Your loop streaks are now stored and displayed in the stats screen. Any loop you get is added to the streak, if you die before you loop the value is reset!
- Little effects and sound for most mutations and ultras!
- Sounds for some of the loop bosses!
- All the music and all the level ambient tracks should now be in the game and all of them have been mastered!
- Crown icons!
- Two new rare enemies.
- Rogue has been given a big overhaul, upgrading her Portal Strike damage and giving her a new Ultra replacing Resourceful.
- Van portals now break walls when spawning.
- Elite Inspectors have less HP.
- Captain no longer drops ammo.
- Heavy Auto Crossbow rate of fire has been decreased.
- Elite Shielder projectiles are now slower and have a smaller explosion hitmask.
- Cursed Crystals now have a slightly longer minimum time before teleporting again.
- Rabbit Paw no longer affects gun drops.
- Heavy Heart has been increased in effectiveness a tiny bit.
- Palace Guardians no longer deal contact damage when appearing.
- Buff Alligators now spawn more pellets from their projectile.
- Splinter Gun and Golden Splinter Gun now have the same rate of fire.
- Ultra Grenade Launcher has been given a proper update.
- Bullet ammo size has been increased by two.
- Exploding Guardians spawn fewer projectiles.
- Elite Inspector walk speed has been decreased slightly.
- Alligators are now always active.
- Removed the Ion Cannon. You will not be missed.
- Blood Cannon rate of fire has been decreased slightly.
- Torches in the Crown Vault now have less HP.
- Tweaked the loop spawn code a bit.
- Heavy Bolts are now affected a bit less by Bolt Marrow.
- Flak Cannon has more accuracy.
- Sledgehammer deals slightly more damage.
- Hyper Crystal doesn't blow up Crystals before completing the boss intro.
- Increased damage from IDPD explosions.
- Proto chest now always contains a rusty revolver on dailies.
- Decreased IDPD Shielder HP.
- Elite Grunts now have slower reaction time but faster projectiles.
- All bosses now end the boss music when killed.
- Cursed Chests opened by portals now contain cursed weapons.
- Fixed the quick restart music bug.
- Fixed the Van exploit hopefully.
- Fixed the Y.V. double loop on Ultra bug.
- Small flames and craters can no longer appear outside the levels.
- Crown of Blood description typo fixed.
- Big Dog now shows the right cause of death when exploding.
- Fixed Crown of Death de-select crash.
- Shielder now always plays shield sound when shielding.
- Fixed a daily crash bug.
- Fixed a bug related to drawing the Freaks.
- Fixed the notorious save file crash hopefully.
- Fixed a co-op problem with Plant's Throne Butt.
- Crown is no longer drawn on random character.
- IDPD Explosions now spawn craters.
- Chicken can now heal back to full health.
- New Crown Guardians, gameplay is still very unfinished.
- Heavy Grenade Launcher.
- Updated Ultra icons.
- Gamepad is now automatically detected.
- Green explosions for the Throne and Generators!
- Timer is now an option, and beating the game now shows your time.
- Less screen shake for Plasma Explosions.
- Inspectors now draw their pull effect behind their heads.
- More particles for Laser Crystals before firing.
- Removed all the old icons from the Character Select.
- Added a NO HUD mode.
- Generators now drop rads.
- Re-spaced the loadout screen.
- A ton of new weapon sounds.
- Timer now also counts during mutation selection.
- Removed the "keep old crown" option, instead made guardians spawn when running with a crown.
- No Rad Canisters in the HQ.
- Added some more tips.
- Updated the credits.
- Tutorial Bandits now explode into wood splinters.
- The fade when sitting down now comes in a bit later.
- Weapons now disappear properly when sucked into the portal to the next level, no longer leaving a copy behind when the portal disappears.
- New splats for melting after using their active.
- New Rogue HUD indicator for her ammo.
- Tiny details: feathers, leaves, money.
- Small blue flames for IDPD explosions.
- Uncursing something now has a sound.
- Empty Horror trying to fire now has a sound.
- Sound for Dog Guardians landing.
- Sound for mutation and crown icons popping up.
- All elite IDPD now have sounds.
- Added lightning particles to the portals.
- Low HP sounds for some bosses.
- Sounds for the final cutscene.
- Updated the tiles for 0-1.
- New slider art.
- Sounds for Rogue Canisters.
- New art for the IDPD explosions.
- Updates to loads of projectiles for readability.
- Ally art update.
- Icon art update.
- All mutation selection sounds.
- New slashes.
- Mutation sounds are now stereo.
- Updated the mansion tiles.
- New decals and props for various areas.
- Update to the menu generation.
- New Crown Vault art.
- Sounds for the cursed enemies.
- Updated flying maggot art.
- Radiated maggot death sounds.
- New gun for the Jungle Bandits.
- Updated the color of the Freaks.
- Sound for reaching level Ultra.
- HQ is now less bright.
- New Present Chest opening animation.
- Sounds for the different IDPD portals.
- Big Dog now explodes in a way cooler way.
- Fire Trap game over image.
- New portal sounds, also when inside.
- Lil Hunter now has a sound when calling for backup.
- Sounds for allies.
- Grenade weapons now have a reload sound.
- Various enemies had new sounds added.
- Cool new car sounds.
- Boss intro sounds.
- A nice radioactive hum on the logo.
- New disc sounds.
- Little dust effects in the Crown Vaults.
- More prop destruction sounds.
- Removed the old Palace pillars.
- Van hijack sounds.
- Art update to the green rats.
- Art for Heavy Heart.
- Small 7-3 art detail added.
Update #92 - The Beginning Of The End Part II - September 27th
- Another ending, and credits sequence!
- The IDPD Captain now has sound effects, as do various props, Lil Hunter's weaponry and other details!
- New B-skins, and big character art for all the B-skins and some special states! B-skins are now unlocks.
- Cool art updates, mainly to Desert and Palace!
- Y.V. can no longer pop melee weapons.
- Super Crossbow spawns one area later.
- Big Rats now deal (1) contact damage.
- Scorpions have a tiny bit more range.
- Generators have been moved down and given less HP, and no longer explode at the end of the fight.
- The Nuclear Throne is a bit less likely to waltz over you.
- Fixed the Crown of Luck crash.
- Bolt damage should be back to normal.
- Back Muscle no longer carries over.
- Captain no longer drops rads.
- Fixed a Generator crash.
- Throne beam sound now stops when it is destroyed.
- Allies now keep Throne Butt after your death.
- When having no weapon equipped, you no longer drop an invisible weapon at death in co-op.
- Fixed a lot of weird behavior Crowns where showing, carrying over between runs etc.
- Steroids' active no longer triggers their swap animation.
- When killed by a boss exploding, it should now show the proper image on the game over screen.
- Statues now don't spawn Guardians after that fight is over.
- You can no longer spawn inside cars that explode and end your run.
- You can no longer get stuck during the final cutscene.
- Crown of Haste idle animation has been fixed.Crown of Haste now also animates faster than other crowns.
- Level unlock requirements now show x-? instead of ???.
- Blowing up walls should now cause less slowdown.
- Technomancer revive now has an animation.
- Generators now have an idle animation.
- Moved around the loadout layout a bit.
- Icon in your HUD when playing the daily.
- Tweaked the big TV graphics a bit.
- New screen when beating the game. Still work in progress!
- Vans can now be hijacked again from the HQ, taking you back to where you were before. Cars in $$$ now also continue your run.
- Song for [CLASSIFIED].
- Tiny sewer art fixes.
Update #91 - The Beginning Of The End! - September 21st
- The beginning of the end.
- Actual in-game art for all the crowns!
- A massive art update to the Sewers, Scrapyard, Caves and Frozen City! We're really happy with how things look now.
- Changed the Crown of Risk. Now gives you more drops when at full HP, and less when not.
- Changed the Crown of Luck. Now makes you start levels with 1HP, and randomly starts some enemies with 1HP as well.
- Projectiles from the [CLASSIFIED] can now be deflected with melee but will still explode when hitting walls.
- Strong Spirit now requires you to reach the next area before recharging.
- Super Flak Cannon uses slightly less ammo.
- IDPD Plasma now explodes when hit instead of being deflected by melee.
- Big Rats now deal more damage when dashing.
- The Buff Alligator now shoots slightly faster projectiles with more spread.
- Snow Tanks have been given faster reaction time.
- Energy Hammer rate of fire has been decreased.
- Super Slugger rate of fire has been increased.
- Bouncer Shotgun now costs 1 less ammo to fire and shots have a tiny random offset.
- Elite IDPD now spawns running.
- Energy Sword and Energy Hammer now both spawn 1 area later.
- Scorpions now have a minimum firing range.
- Loop enemy groups now scale with loops.
- Fixed a lot of the crashes introduced in the last update.
- Quick Restart now gets rid of crowns.
- Mutations are no longer kept between games.
- No more crowns/cursed chests on dailies from the start hopefully.
- Health higher than max is no longer drawn.
- Venus Chests can no longer contain the Super Disc Gun.
- Reload values are shown properly on the HUD when usings Y.V.'s active.
- Fixed the HUD Ultra icons for Crystal and Fish.
- Update to Crown Vault tiles.
- Update bullet, shotgun, and slug projectiles for readability.
- New Portal Strike graphic.
- Update Guardian projectile graphic.
- Tweaked the IDPD portal graphics.
- Even more ways cars can appear in the Scrapyard!
- Tiny weapon swap animation on the player.
- Changed the conditions that trigger B-tracks a bit.
- Vault Statues are now always surrounded by some bandits.
- Crown movement has been updated.
- Updated Strong Spirit again for readability.
- Tiny tweak to Eyes A Ultra icon.
- Hopefully fixes the Linux crashes for a few more people. Still not everybody, we think. Let us know if it persists
Update #90 - Grab a Friend! - September 11th
- Co-op is back! We still need to finish the character select for it, right now you'll play as the selected character + one random, but everything else seems to be working.
- Co-op now has a new revive mechanic. Killed players need to be reached within 10 seconds or you start taking damage. Reviving them costs you half your HP. Oh, and co-op also has specific Ultras now that are unique to it!
- Some mysterious Crystal Caves tweaks for loops.
- Big one: You can no longer start dailies (and co-op) with a crown.
- Chicken now loses 2 max HP when decapitated.
- Slightly less random enemies on loops.
- Tweaked the spawn sets for loops.
- Less statues on 7-3.
- Guardians behave a bit less chaotic on 7-3.
- [CLASSIFIED] with Chicken deals less damage when [CLASSIFIED].
- Super Fireballers wait longer before attacking.
- Flies drop slightly fewer weapons.
- Less HP for the Elite Inspectors.
- Ultra Revolver costs more ammo but less rads.
- Super Flak Cannon deals more impact damage.
- Van deals less damage to enemies.
- So, uh, we're going to have to apologize for this one: the drop system wasn't working the way we thought it was. It's now been fixed and you should have a bigger chance of getting your empty weapon's ammo type when carrying one full weapon. Sorry!
- Big Portal only attracts you when there is line of sight now.
- Health values under 0 are no longer shown.
- A few fixes to daily starting weapons.
- Elite Shielders no longer benefit from Laser Brain. Whoops.
- A lot of tiny mutation related things have been fixed by the new code structure. Example: Allies now keep Throne Butt after your death.
- Weapons thrown into a portal no longer return to you with Chicken's B Ultra.
- Fixed a bug related to Fish and Golden Chests.
- Map now shows both players in co-op.
- Co-op is no longer spelled as coop.
- Throne Butt gives info on both characters in co-op.
- Chicken's bleed time is now shown in the HUD.
- A few new tips.
- Labs song now has a shorter intro and has been tweaked a bit.
- Updated, more excited unlock jingle!
Update #89 - Looping - September 4th
- Changes to the 0-1 fight.
- Changes to the Labs loop boss.
- Loop enemy overhaul.
- Updated Steroids B skin.
- Hard mode weapon drops now progress three times slower. Sorry.
- Hyper Slugger rate of fire has been decreased a bit.
- Hyper Launcher rate of fire has been increased.
- Chicken's Harder To Kill gives you a bit less time per kill.
- Flames now have more stopping power.
- Turrets should now break walls they spawn on.
- Super Bazooka spawns a tiny bit later.
- Fish speed with Throne Butt has been increased.
- Vans spawn slightly slower now and one by one.
- Vans now deal 20 damage instead of 50.
- The big green projectiles now explode into one less bullet stream.
- You can no longer spawn craters outside the level in 0-1.
- Props are no longer randomized on loops.
- More tech changes to the Chicken Sword, now properly.
- Fixed an issue with Rebel's big art for the menu.
- IDPD projectiles have been updated for readability.
- Strong Spirit halo has been updated for readability.
- Updated Ultra HUD icons.
- Fixed some phrasing in the tip.
Update #88 - Tweak Tweak, Fix Fix - August 28th
- New elite enemy in the sewers.
- Slightly more bullet ammo per drop.
- Alligators now wait for a bit before firing.
- Less HP drops and less rads in Hard mode.
- Splinters are now more effective with Bolt Marrow.
- Ultra crossbow now has a higher rate of fire.
- Less "last enemy is a turret somewhere far away" situations.
- The unlock screen now works with gamepad too.
- Stopped some things from spawning very close to the player. Few more tweaks to these things.
- Removed bandits from a certain area.
- Removed IDPD from a certain area.
- Loop portal is now green again.
- Fixed a tutorial crash.
- Some changes to the Chicken Sword.
- You can no longer take crowns to the tutorial.
- Fixed a bug caused by pressing arrow keys in the stat/character select screen.
- Fixed a bug related to toxic gas.
- You should be able to swap your loadout weapons again.
- Fixed a boss intro crash.
- Unlock screen now has a darker background.
- Removed the random crown option for now.
- Toxic Gas now glows properly.
- Updated the Crown Vault art.
Update #87 - Efficiency - August 21st
- We've created a simple tutorial to explain the controls! Turns out it's rather possible to miss the fact that you can switch weapons.
- Awesome music for the Labs and Crystal Caves loop bosses!
- Boss intro for the Labs loop boss!
- Updated the stats screen, now a bit more bare-bones but functional.
- Unlock popups!
- The loadout screen has been updated, crowns are now locked from the start until looping with them with a specific character.
- Crown Statues are no longer damaged by enemies.
- Nerfed Chicken's "hard to kill" Ultra.
- Caves loop boss can no longer be pushed through walls.
- Bit less HP for the Caves loop boss.
- The Throne boss now shoots slightly less projectiles.
- The Sewers loop boss now scales in difficulty with loops.
- The Throne boss now scales in difficulty with loops.
- Bouncer Shotgun rate of fire has been increased, and it spawns a bit sooner.
- Laser Crystals now drop more ammo.
- Made IDPD a bit more effective on loops.
- Y.V.'s B Ultra reload time has been restored.
- Fixed a crash on the daily score screen.
- Swapped the Plant and Robot unlocks, whoops.
- Changed some tips.
- Art for the Super Bazooka!
- Nicer debris in the Jungle.
- The way areas and secret areas are named has been changed.
- Back buttons are slightly brighter.
Update #86 - Meta Update - August 14th
- New daily screen, now showing you what character someone played as and exactly where they died!
- Basic sounds for the main menu!
- J.W. couldn't help it: the Super Bazooka.
- We've updated the character unlocks! They're now a bit more spread out, as we want to slowly start testing the timing and curve for this. This also includes little popups when unlocking a character or golden weapon and a huge temporary UNLOCK ALL button for those who don't feel like grinding through the meta until full release.
- Boss intro for the second loop boss.
- Hard mode. Reach loop 2 to unlock it.
- Gamma Guts tweaks again. You no longer take damage from enemies you kill instantly with it!
- Regurgitate gives you more weapons now.
- The second loop boss now has more HP and functions as a light source.
- Lil' Hunter is now a bit more predictable, using the snipe shots only from far away.
- Crystal's shield cooldown has been increased a tiny bit.
- Better rate of fire for the Splinter Gun.
- Chicken throw damage now scales up with your level.
- Flames spread easier.
- Blood Hammer deals more damage to enemies.
- Big Dog gains a lot more HP per loop than other bosses now.
- Tiny bit more Lightning Cannon range.
- Guardian Dogs now chill a bit longer at the start of a level.
- Exploding Guardians explode in less projectiles.
- Fixed a freeze that happened on death.
- Fixed a crash that happened on startup.
- Fixed a bug where portals didn't open chests.
- Music volume should now directly change when changed in the options menu.
- Piles of explosions no longer become horizontal lines.
- Pausing while Crystal is shielding no longer locks her shield.
- The 0-1 fight now breaks small walls when activating, preventing "invisible walls" from appearing.
- Bolts should now be able to damage enemies close to walls.
- Bolt damage now stacks properly.
- Gold weapons are now unlocked properly for your loadout.
- Lasers should no longer glitch through walls.
- Big Rad Canisters now have the proper sprite when they break.
- Pausing as Chicken no longer always shows headless Chicken.
- Fixed a few things kind of related to Melting.
- Fixed the rate of fire for Steroid's second weapon.
- Trying out some new decals in the Frozen City.
- Updated Toxic and IDPD projectiles for readability. A few more projectile sprite updates in general.
- The new default "freeze frames" value is now 80%.
- Added an effect for when Chicken's thrown weapons hit something.
- New tips!
- The ambient tracks now start playing at a random offset.
- Ambient track is now faded out inside portals.
- Loading now shows percentages as 001% instead of 1%.
- The (!) thing for new characters is back.
- The reload bar is more clear in the HUD.
- Continue/Retry are now slightly brighter than other buttons.
- The back arrow now animates and has been moved around a bit.
- Last but not least: your HUD now animates slightly when swapping/picking up weapons!
Update #85 - Secret Update - August 7th
- Turrets are more reactive, but have a lower firing range and a delay before firing.
- Changed Robot's Regurgitate Ultra to make it drop a random chest about slightly less than half of the time when eating a weapon.
- Y.V.'s Throne Butt now has different timing. 25% less reload time than 4 shots.
- Fixed Y.V.'s active timing.
- Might've fixed the "freeze on death" bug, but probably not.
- Fixed some of the optimization code.
- Removed the Credits button from the main menu, we'll be moving that to options eventually.
Update #84 - Daily Updates - July 31st
- Very rough daily scoreboards in-game.
- Friends leaderboard.
- Reworked Hyper Crystal, now also scales with loops. Good luck!
- Boss Intro for the first loop boss!
- Rate of fire can be higher than 1 shot per frame now!
- Lil' Hunter now doesn't start increasing the amount of IDPD right on the first loop. First only all normal types are spawned, then elites as well, then the number increases.
- Big Dog now scales the bullet hell with loops, and can have random holes in his bullet patterns for fun dodging!
- Horror's C Ultra has been changed to MELTDOWN, which doubles your total rad capacity.
- Plant's Snare is now less effective on bigger enemies.
- Visiting Jungle now gives you a free mutation in exchange for Last Wish.
- Wolves now stop rolling after firing. Much better.
- Changed the way Turrets spawn a bit.
- Laser Crystals now have a chance to drop ammo.
- Sword damage for Elite Inspectors has been increased.
- Elite IDPD now all have a bit more HP.
- Elite Shielders and Grunts are now slightly more aggressive.
- Inspectors now fire faster slugs.
- Blood Cannon now deals 2 damage when fired without ammo.
- Blood Cannon now spawns less explosions, deals slightly less damage, but has a higher rate of fire.
- Plasma Cannon and Super Plasma Cannon damage has been decreased. Plasma Cannon now costs less ammo to fire.
- Flame Cannon damage has been decreased.
- Lightning and Flame Cannon now have slightly less AOE range when flying.
- Seeker Shotgun damage has been decreased slightly while rate of fire has been increased.
- Nuke Launcher contact damage has been increased.
- Ultra Shovel now uses more rads.
- Bouncer weapons spawn earlier.
- Gamma Guts now deals AOE damage whenever triggered, not only when firing.
- Gamma Guts bug has been fixed. Will probably get more work in the future so that you don't take damage from enemies that are killed by it instantly.
- Mutations should now be properly centered.
- Pausing/unpausing at the 0-1 fight no longer keeps the letterbox effect on screen.
- Fixed a boss intro bug related to dead players.
- Fixed the Wrench icon hopefully.
- Fixed a graphical glitch where portals glitched around when going to the character select. Also brings it back to 0-1.
- Big Rats now only break walls when actually charging.
- Fixed Steroid's Throne Butt text for now, also changed his ultra from saying "weps" to "weapons".
- Every boss only shows their intro once per run now.
- Steroids now has reload sounds for Plasma/Lightning weapons fired in their second hand.
- Updated Big Dog music!
- Escape now continues the game when paused.
- Daily game over screen no longer has a retry button.
- You should be able to use the digits to select mutations again.
- Buttons and nice splat graphics on the Game Over screen!
- Removed Daily and Options button from the Character Select.
- Big Rad Canisters now have their own hurt sprite.
- Changed the way B tracks are loaded.
- Changed the "sizes" of enemies and bosses, this is basically used to check how much they are moved around when touching other enemies and affects Plant's Snare now.
- Some new tips.
- The Pause, Load and Game Over screen now tell you when you're on your daily.
- Big Bandit charge sprite has been updated.
- Art for the Hyper Slugger.
- The Back button on menus now has an outline.
Update #83 - Ultra Update - July 25th
- Boss intros.
- Brand new mutation screen.
- Brand new pause screen with futuristic functionality, like access to the settings.
- Elite IDPD. There'd be a joke here if it wasn't so serious. Hope you enjoy getting trashed on loops.
- New late-game shell weapon: Hyper Slugger.
- New sound effects for the Jungle Assassins, Jungle Flies, Turtles, Turrets, Exploding Guardians, Dog Guardians, Crystal Spiders, Mimics and the Golden Scorpion! Whew!
- Tweaks to the Frozen City algorithm.
- Snowtanks are more aggressive.
- Scrapyard difficulty curve has been tweaked a bit, slightly fewer Ravens.
- Plutonium Hunger attract range for ammo and HP has been slightly decreased.
- Small enemies can't deal melee damage when on their hurt animation now.
- Gamma Guts burst size has been increased again.
- More IDPD Grunts the further you loop.
- Flames from Flame Traps and Salamander no longer linger around when hitting a wall.
- IDPD Inspectors have a lower Telekinesis range now.
- Long Arms no longer has a gap!
- Looping now clears cursed weapons.
- Fixed the "drifting enemy" bug when multiple enemies spawn on top of eachother.
- The Guardians in 7_3 can no longer spawn Portals.
- Floors under the Proto Statue now have the proper material.
- Hyper Crystal no longer takes damage from debris.
- Fixed a bug related to restarting the game with Patience active.
- Fixed a graphical glitch that caused Splinter and Seeker weapons to float away when fired a lot.
- Necromancer should no longer revive enemies inside walls.
- Fixed the "back to main menu" glitch that made the game blurry.
- Assassin sounds are now played at the proper moment.
- Pressing WASD no longer crashes the title screen. Yeah.
- Pausing now shows dark areas properly, and fog no longer scrolls when paused.
- The widescreen effect no longer disappears when pausing during the Mutation screen.
- Mutation Icons are now centered properly.
- Fixed a bug related to the campfire scene.
- Fixed lag caused by the Throne beam. We'll have to redo this entire thing eventually.
- You can now pause the game during loading screens.
- Added a "DELETE DATA" option.
- Added an option to enable/disable Boss intros.
- [R] is now a quick restart hotkey in the pause screen.
- Mutation names stay on the screen for a bit after picking them.
- Going back to the main menu from in-game now skips the intro.
- Alt+F4 now insta-quits the game.
- Throne statues are placed slightly higher now and have updated art.
- Fancy menu buttons!
- Assassins now have a new notice effect!
- The loadout splat has been updated.
- IDPD Shielder shield sprite has been updated.
- Crystal's shield shakes again when almost out of time. Fixed some depth things with it as well.
- New art for the Bouncer projectiles.
- Started work on the stats screen. More of a drawing test than anything else so far.
- Character select now properly supports keyboard and gamepad as well.
- Chicken now plays a sound when trying to throw a cursed weapon.
- B tracks now only play under more specific conditions.
- Minor changes to the second Ultra of all mostly triangular characters.
- Coop mode has been broken by the UI overhaul. We're afraid that fixing this will take a few weeks at the least, so if you enjoy co-op, we recommend switching to another branch in Steam. The 'smite' branch would be our recommendation.
Update #82 - Crystal Party! - July 17th
- Some work on the Throne!
- Reworked Crystal, with a more mobile, snappier shield, usable Throne Butt, and complete B skin graphics!
- Portals now look better!
- Assassins still deflect, but the projectiles won't hurt you! Great way to take out enemies behind you with trick shots. We've also made them a bit meaner again.
- Lil Hunter's IDPD spawning has been balanced.
- Blood and Lightning Hammer now spawn earlier.
- Energy Hammer and Sword now spawn a bit later.
- Plant's Throne Butt now kills things under 33% HP.
- We got rid of the HP-loop-change we tried out last week. Turns out giving people less HP reliably gives them more ammo, destroying some of the fun balancing going on there. We'll solve this problem soon when we get closer to reworking loops.
- Loop Big Bandits now spawn from different positions, which wasn't spurred at all by a certain video last week.
- Bouncers now have harder impact, more damage, and glow.
- Bouncer Shotgun now has a higher rate of fire.
- Super Plasma and Flame Cannon now take longer to reload.
- Lasers can now damage Crystal in her shield.
- Fixed Total Recall.
- After long deliberation, we fixed a tip saying "follow your" and nothing else.
- Bouncer Shotgun now works with Eagle Eyes.
- Big Maggots no longer slide when burrowing.
- Might've fixed a problem that causes the game to freeze.
- Explosives no longer explode in your face when fired exactly when a Portal opens.
- Fixed a collision problem with Bouncers.
- Changed the default audio levels.
- Changed gamepad layout to the old buttons until we implement key customization.
- Tweaked the colors for the Game Over map when looping a lot.
- Robot now gets an Ultra Update instead of Ultra Mutation.
- Art for Bouncer weapons.
Update #81 - We just really want weekend right now - July 11th
- Awesome Crown selection sounds!
- Paul cleaned up some of the interface art in the character select screen! We now have beautiful letters and the nicest splats you've ever seen.
- Two new bullet weapons: the Bouncer Shotgun and Bouncer SMG
- Crowns have now been divided into two groups: post- and pre-loop.
- A bit more Chicken throw damage, because why not?
- A tiny bit more pickup range for ammo and health.
- A bit of spawn tweaking.
- Flame weapons are now more fuel-efficient!
- A little effect and timing tweaking to Assassin attacks!
- Lil Hunter now only spawns Grunts pre-loop.
- Lil Hunter now waits a bit longer after spawning IDPD.
- Guardian Dogs have slightly
- Heavy Bolts are affected a tiny bit less by Bolt Marrow.
- Crystal's Fortress Ultra now gives her +6HP, for when you want to be 10 times more healthy than Melting!
- Being high on ammo now lowers your drops slightly less.
- Changed Plant's trapper Ultra to give you a big snare.
- Plant Throne Butt now kills enemy under 30% instead of 40%.
- HP now drops less the further you loop, which seems like a solid idea.
- Shell weapons no longer reduce your sight distance.
- Corpses for the Snow Tanks are back!
- Chicken now drops a head when going through a portal headless so the camera doesn't stay static.
- Fixed the situation where only one portal drags you.
- Melting's special after death is now the same as when still alive without Throne Butt.
- Might've fixed a crashed where wall collisions completely froze the game.
- No more YouTube videos raging at "invisible walls" on 0-1.
- Turret corpses are stationary now.
- New art for the Eraser and Guitar.
- Nice art when you get killed by Lightning underwater.
- Nice art for Y.V.'s Giant Chests.
- New art for Cursed ammo drops.
- Big Dog missiles now rotate!
- New sound for the Rogue Rifle.
- Thrown golden weapons now sparkle.
- Jungle Bandits now play a pop gun sound!
- Portals are slightly brighter on the inside.
Update #80 - Bear with us - July 5th
- First steps of a new main menu!
- Horror's beam now gets cleared in a small area when it destroys a projectile, making it harder to cut through loads of bullets.
- Flame Cannon now costs 1 more ammo.
- Cursed Caves enemies now drop a lot more rads.
- Lil' Hunter no longer deals contact damage.
- Discs, Flames and the Flame Cannon cause less shake and sleep.
- Fixed a crown typo.
- If you kill yourself by using lightning weapons underwater, it now properly shows that as a cause of death with beautiful placeholder art.
- Gun Warrant's text now says 7 seconds, as it should.
- Bumpers on gamepad now swap weapons.
- You can now set how strong you want the "freeze frames" effect to be in the options.
- Added some screen shake to the menu.
- Rephrased the "gain damage" crown for now.
- We actually did a tiny bit of optimizations!
- Cursed ammo explosions now work with Crown of Death.
Update #79 - Crown Mess - June 28th
- New Crown Vault system.
- Crown of Protection and Crown of Luck.
- Plasma Cannon rate of fire has been increased.
- Heavy Auto Crossbow rate of fire has been decreased.
- Lil' Hunter is slower with IDPD summoning when higher on health.
- Crown of Life has been changed, now killing enemies at spawn instead of giving you a chest.
- Gun Warrant got an additional second.
- Scarier Face now reduces enemies' max HP instead of just dealing damage, effictively synergizing a bit less with Plant's Throne Butt.
- Snowbots need to be closer to throw cars.
- Higher chance for turrets to spawn.
- Turrets now have more HP and activate in groups.
- Flame Cannon no longer explodes when touching an enemy.
- Guitar has slightly less damage and rate of fire now.
- Lightning and Blood Cannon now both cost 1 more ammo.
- Gamma Guts damage has been increased but no longer triggers every frame.
- Strong Spirit now only gives 5 frames of invincibility when triggered.
- Big Bandit loop numbers have been increased.
- Cursed Ammo doesn't work with Plutonium Hunger and fades even faster.
- Fixed a bug with Turrets not spawning portals.
- Cursed Spiders no longer drop rads after splitting.
- Fixed crashes related to Flak Cannon and Lightning Hammer.
- Guitar only drops on loop 1 now.
- Exploding Freaks now also drop rads when blowing up by touching a wall.
- Fire Traps can no longer create untraversable situations.
- Bandits can no longer spawn in Crown Vaults.
- Fixed some glitches with entering portals right when they spawned.
- Saplings no longer one-hit-kill the Sewers loop boss.
- Vaults Statues can now also spawn in palace on loops.
- Less freeze when using Flak Cannons.
- Some new tips.
Update #78 - That's the sound of the beast! - June 19th
- We've upgraded Lil' Hunter! Less direct firepower, more mean cowardly attacks!
- The Sewers loop boss now has her own sound effects!
- We've added a new, rare enemy to the labs.
- Updated loading screen!
- We've added a new crown, for now only accessible from the loadout screen.
- Enemies spawn slightly further form the player, especially on 5-3.
- A single enemy can now only deal melee damage once a second.
- Slightly more bullet ammo from drops.
- Strong Spirit now makes you invulnerable for one second after triggering.
- Ravens now have a minimum firing range.
- Chicken's corpse flies slightly less far.
- Seeker Pistol rate of fire has been lowered a tiny bit.
- Eraser deals a tiny bit less damage.
- Assassins now react slightly slower.
- Fixed a ton of small bugs related to getting hit by: Golden Scorpions, deflected weapons, Lil Hunter exploding, Crown of Death.
- The amount of IDPD spawning on 0-1 is now always the same.
- Made some tiny adjustments to bolt and bullet collisions.
- Chicken's thrown weapons no longer snap when turning into pickups.
- Fixed a visual glitch related to Chicken's B Ultra.
- Crown of Death explosion no longer spawns outside of the level.
- Fixed a HUD glitch related to the Splinter Pistol.
- Corpses no longer spawn in walls on 0-1.
- Cluster Grenade no longer creates a horizontal line of tiny grenades when hitting an enemy directly.
- Impact Wrists should no longer damage Allies.
- Laser Crystals killing you are no longer shown as the Hyper Crystal on the game over screen.
- Game Over screen now animates.
- Crystals in Cursed Caves are now a light source.
- Fixed/changed some tips.
Update #77 - This is not the update in which we add Jungle - June 12th
- Safer spawns.
- Game over screen overhaul, now also showing what killed you.
- New shell weapon, the Eraser. Combines the best of both sluggers and ordinary shotguns.
- Thrown weapons now deal more damage and are a bit bouncier when they hit walls.
- New Chicken Ultra B: Thrown weapons teleport back to your secondary slot.
- New Chicken Throne Butt: Thrown weapons pierce (her old Ultra B).
- Better rate of fire for the Double Shotgun, Sawed Off Shotgun, and Heavy Slugger.
- Slightly less damage for the Energy Sword.
- Fixed a rare bug causing Horror to spawn outside the level.
- You now play your damage animation and sound when eating a cursed weapon as Robot.
- Fixed Scarier Face waking up Assassins and Alligators.
- Fixed a weird thing where sleeping Assassins thought they should deal contact damage.
- Certain cars now have a nicer explosion.
- Melting's HP is now rounded up when divided by two.
- Chicken now bleeds a lot for the last second before dying.
- Sounds for Cursed Weapons.
Update #76 - Fasten your seatbelts - June 5th
- New Chicken. Go Hotline Miami on your enemies as you literally throw weapons at their faces!
- We've renamed, redesigned, and reconstructed a whole bunch of crowns!
- Gold weapons now become unlocked for your loadout when taken through a portal, including a cool sparkle sound effect!
- Portals don't pull as strong when you're further away for them and the first second after spawning.
- IDPD now drop a lot more ammo and health. Wonder how that influences Rogue.
- Headless Chicken camera is less static.
- Gun Warrant now lasts a bit shorter, and has a visual effect.
- Golden Scorpions now have a max attack range.
- Horror drops even more rads when killed. Wonder when people get the hint that this might speed your run up.
- Snowbots and Wolves have less HP.
- Rhino Freaks should no longer spawn inside walls.
- Death no longer resets your preferred starting weapon.
- Fixed an audio glitch when walls broke during the loading screen.
- Some of Y.V.'s tips now properly display the #!
- Fixed a "drawing no weapon" glitch.
- Lil' Hunters attack sounds should be more clear.
- Fixed the Lightning Hammer and Shovel icon.
- Picking up weapons should be slightly easier.
- The wall break sound is now different for most areas!
- Sounds for Gold Weapon related things!
- Added a few new tips.
- The Game Over map now shows B skins and special skins like headless Chicken and hooded Rebel.
- Rogue's Throne Butt now has a visual indication.
- Added a few more tiny interface animations to the Character Select screen.
Update #75 - Golden Age - May 29th
- An early version of the screen you stare at most: the new Game Over screen is introduced, with a WIP map.
- Big update to the Loadout screen, now with tiny animations, and allowing you to pick your starting weapon and B-skin!
- Gold Weapons are no longer lost when dying without them.
- More range for the Cluster Launcher, Grenade Rifle, and Grenade Shotgun.
- Ravens now hang around a bit longer before activating.
- The Character Select screen no longer starts with Random selected.
- Technomancer HP now scales with loops, like all loop bosses do.
- Icons for all gold weapons!
- We redid the machinegun art, that thing always was ridiculously long.
Update #74 - Revival Time! - 22nd
- Work in progress Labs loop boss.
- Reworked necromancers.
- Less HP for Loop Bosses until we get around to giving these a proper treatment.
- Necromancers now activate faster, but also drop more.
- Exploding Guardians drop weapons slightly more often.
- Normal Guardians drop a bit more ammo.
- Lightning Cannon now uses 1 more Energy.
- Super Plasma Cannon deals more damage, Plasma Cannon deals less damage.
- A corpse getting revived now counts as -1 kills for your score, so no Necromancer farming for the daily!
- Gamma Guts has a bigger blast radius.
- Fixed a crash related to rockets.
- No crown is shown when none are equipped.
- Steroids now shows an extra revolver in the menu.
- A new tip for Rogue.
Update #73 - Shielder shields shield Shielders - May 15th
- A ton of new weapon sounds! Blood cannon is probably our favorite.
- Partially updated starting weapon menu art!
- We added a small delay before Shielder shields shield Shielders! It's a work in progress but a step in the right direction.
- Fixed some problems with the menu character art.
- Some small updates to the Labs tiles.
Update #72 - The Beautiful Update - May 9th
- Brand new character select art! airhorn.wav!!!
- Bubbly Oasis sounds!
- A tiny bit more drops when low on ammo.
- Less HP for Scorpions.
- Gamma Guts now deals area of effect damage when an enemy is killed by it.
- Rabbit Paw has been weakened a tiny bit.
- Back Muscle no longer increases your drop rate.
- Lucky Shot will trigger more.
- Allies now have a smaller hitbox.
- Frog Eggs now have a smaller hitbox.
- Super Plasma Cannon costs 24 ammo again, and is a bit less strong. Plasma Cannon is also a tiny bit weaker.
- Angry Big Rats now have a shadow!
- Less slowdown when meleeing grenades and hitting things with Plasma/Flare Gun.
- Fixed bosses spawning in groups on loop.
- Fixed Rogue's shadow at the campfire.
- Fixed a bug with Big Dog missiles.
- Fixed a crash caused by Big Weapon Chests.
- Fixed a crash caused by rads.
- Ultra Revolver should now be able to hit enemies close to walls.
- New art for Big Dog missiles and flames that'll get smaller in the future.
- Updated Crystal's in-game art a bit.
- Update Rogue on icons.
- Starting weapon is now displayed correctly in the menu.
Update #71 - Literally a million tiny things - May 1st
- Seekers weapons deal a bit less damage and have a lower rate of fire, their seeking has also been modified slightly.
- Horror now doesn't attract rads for a bit after using the beam.
- Plutonium Hunger adds less range to rad attraction.
- Gatling Slugger and Laser Minigun spawns a bit later.
- Total Recall now gives you an extra mutation, is still broken though.
- Assassins need to get closer before they attack.
- Sledgehammer deals a bit more damage.
- Ultra Shovel and Ultra Revolver both use one more rad.
- Higher rate of fire for the Wave Gun.
- Super Plasma Cannon spawns later and uses more ammo.
- Energy Sword deals a bit less damage and spawns slightly later.
- Made Big Bandit more fun on loop.
- No more Loop Boss clusters. We're sad about that, too.
- Crown of Choice is selectable from the menu again.
- Should be less bandits spawning inside walls now.
- Improvements to bolt collision.
- Gamma Guts glow is no longer drawn when you're in the portal.
- Art for the Seeker weapons!
- Character select icons now animate in.
- IDPD, Flak, Super Flak, and Ultra Bullets now have hit effects.
- Picking up radiation now spawns a little effect, larger with plutonium hunger.
- Changed the sprite origins for the Ultra and Heavy Revolver.
- Debris and Shells no longer blink before disappearing.
- Bullet shells are now darker.
- Some new tips.
- A controversial change in the team: level names are now displayed as X-X instead of X_X.
Update #70 - Bolt Variety - April 27th
- Seeker Pistol.
- Seeker Shotgun.
- Tiny change to the way Plasma Minigun fires.
- Open Mind now gives you an extra chest in 7_3.
- Fixed bolt hitmasks.
- Fixed Melting's "dead end" Ultra bug.
- Throne Butt now has a dash between the character name and description.
Update #69 - Four assassins - April 17th
- Some more work on the character select screen, even though things are still broken and very unfinished!
- New bullet weapon: The Incinerator.
- New energy weapon with a 6 second reload time.
- Hopefully, improved spawns!
- You can now swap cursed weapons for other cursed weapons. This one is really interesting.
- Enemies on loop might now spawn as a group of enemies of the same type. Have fun fighting 4 assassins at once!
- Rads now fade faster on loops as well.
- IDPD difficulty now ramps up, making sure your first few encounters won't be Shielders.
- Crossbow rate of fire has been decreased slightly.
- Laser Minigun is now less accurate.
- Heavy Assault Rifle now spawns later.
- Lightning Rifle now spawns sooner.
- Slight lightning shotgun ROF buff.
- Exploding Guardians now spawn slightly less bullets. (Guardians are still getting a buff eventually, but we're just making these a bit more playable for now.)
- Made some more loop-exclusive changes to Lil Hunter.
- Ravens should now fly towards the player if there are only a few enemies left.
- You can no longer press L to toggle the letterboxes.
- Scorpions should no longer get stuck in walls. Fingers crossed!
- More Crown Vault tiles.
- Blood Cannon art.
- Heavy Bullet weapons now drop heavy shells.
- Plasma weapons freeze the game a bit less.
- New tip.
Update #68 - The Long Overhaul - April 10th
- A brand new, very broken, work in progress character select screen! Sorry if it breaks things.
- Spiderwebs in [CLASSIFIED] now actually work!
Update #67 - What dog? - April 6th
- Basic support for colored text.
- A big update to the mutation icons!
- Snowtanks now explode sooner.
- Blood Cannon drops later.
- Heavy Assault Rifle drops slightly later.
- Fixed a minor glitch related to Big Dog.
- Sewers loop boss projectiles no longer fly forever.
- Steroids now gets a 4th weapon from Big Chests with his Ambidextrous.
- Lil' Hunter flying around before death now has a smaller collision mask.
- Saplings now animate faster.
- Added an effect for getting +8HP.
- Updated a bunch of tips.
Update #66 - Yung Update - March 27th
- The work in progress Blood Cannon.
- The HUD icons are now sorted in the order you got them.
- Ammo, Health and Portal Strike pickups now fade faster on loops. This'll be interesting.
- Rebel's first Ally now costs 1HP, any additional ones cost 2HP.
- Snow Tanks now wait a bit before exploding.
- The Throne beam now angles slightly towards you, something we wanted to give a quick try.
- Big Dog missiles are meaner on loops.
- Blood Hammer deals more damage.
- More IDPD now chases Rogue when her portal opens.
- Fixed the Sharp Teeth thing. We hope. Fingers crossed.
- The Rad Canister in the HUD now has an outline when you get your Ultra Mutation and haven't picked it yet.
- Open Mind chests now count towards big weapon chests, as do gold weapon chests.
- Art for the Heavy Auto Crossbow and Heavy Assault Rifle!
- Patience now becomes a clock under the mutation you pick with it, instead of taking a whole icon slot.
- Hyper Rifle shakes the screen a bit less.
Update #65 - Warming Up - March 22nd
- Updated in-game logo by the legendary Paul Veer, known for the art of games such as Nuclear Throne.
- Heavy Assault Rifle.
- Characters now have new tips when reaching Level Ultra. We also added/changed some tips for Steroids, Y.V. and Rebel.
- You can now quick-select mutations using the digits.
- Improved Big Dog on loop with some fun new tech.
- Lil' Hunter spawn faster on loops.
- Made Golden Scorpions less rare the further you loop!
- Big change to Rebel: Allies now cost more, the more you have of them. Cost starts at 1HP, and improves by 1 for each 2 Allies, capping at a cost of 4. The Ultra that spawns Allies when taking damage sticks to this as well, so gives you double Allies when used now! This probably still needs some balancing.
- Melting now always gets big explosions from larger enemies, even without Throne Butt.
- Melting's Throne Butt is now a bit weaker than it used to be, but it's still ridiculously powerful!
- Melting's Ultra that blows up low HP enemies no longer makes those enemies spawn corpses.
- Blood Hammer is now a lot more interesting…
- Splinter weapons now deal a bit more damage.
- Lowered the rate of fire on the Auto Grenade Shotgun and Gatling Bazooka. These weapons should now be more usable, with a bit of caution of course. Gatling Bazooka has been made more accurate as well.
- Party's over, Crown of Blood now makes all enemies drop one less rad.
- Labs spawns more empty space around you.
- Necromancers wait a bit longer before doing stuff after spawn.
- We buffed Lucky Shot a bit more, we're going to keep doing this until it's ridiculously OP and people start noticing it!
- Hyper Rifle now shoots 5 bullet bursts instead.
- Heavy Slugger damage has been increased even more.
- Fixed the notorious infinite water boost for Fish.
- Big Dog no longer spawns awake.
- Fixed the IDPD grenade error.
- Fixed Sharp Teeth rapidly phasing Ravens and Lil Hunter in and out of The 11th Dimension.
- Underwater Mines no longer spawn next to you.
- The random character and crown option are no longer seeded.
- Fixed a collision problem with IDPD grenades, potentially nerfing them a bit.
- Fixed the Lightning Hammer icon, again.
Update #64 - Maintenance Week - February 27th
- Reworked the way Shell weapons work! They now get a significant damage boost when hitting things super close to the player, which is reactivated for two frames after bouncing with Shotgun Shoulders as well.
- Burst weapons got a bit of a fix, now allowing Long Arms, Eagle Eyes, and Steroids lack of accuracy to work with them!
- The very first, early test for upgraded loop bosses has been implemented. Good luck fighting Big Bandits.
- We added an overpowered new Bolt Weapon.
- The Proto Statue now has more health, will no longer get destroyed by big melee enemies, gets more HP on loops, and will be easier to break after activating.
- Cluster Launcher spawns slightly later.
- Horror's A Ultra spawns even less projectiles.
- Horror's Throne Butt has been improved, now charging your beam up twice as fast.
- Super Flak Cannon now deals more damage.
- Hostile Horror will wait a bit longer after spawn before attacking.
- Sharp Teeth no longer works on props.
- Weapons should now properly come with you through portals!
- Fixed the health of Allies with Rebel's A Ultra.
- Plant can no longer one-shot things with a ton of health with the saplings.
- Big Dog now always wakes up!
- Steroids no longer gets "MAX MELEE AMMO" popups with Throne Butt.
- Horror's beam should no longer push enemies through walls.
- Allies should no longer get damage from most Impact Wrist corpses.
- Broken Walls now show up on B Floors as well.
- There will no longer be walls spawned on top of the Proto Statue.
- Big Rads are no longer attracted to unactivated Proto Statues.
- IDPD grenades can now be hit away with a melee weapon.
- Sharp Teeth now deals damage after a short, staggered delay, on the right frame of its animation.
- The popup for "LEVEL 10!" now says "LEVEL ULTRA!".
- Big Dog now shakes the screen when walking.
- Trigger Fingers now shows a shine on your gun when triggered.
- Improved and added some tips.
- Fish now angles in his movement direction when using Throne Butt. This'll eventually get a custom animation!
- The game Freezes slightly shorter when killing smaller enemies now.
- Bullets now spawn their hit effects when hitting walls as well.
Update #63 - Free Crowns - February 20th
- Loadout Screen! Pick a Crown from the start by clicking the ugly icon on the right of the character select.
- Q Swap option.
- New mutation: Open Mind. We've renamed Racing Mind to Trigger Fingers, and Shotgun Fingers to Shotgun Shoulders.
- Pop rifle spawns sooner.
- Weapons using tiny grenades spawn sooner.
- Jock Missiles now explode a bit differently.
- Fixed the freezes caused by IDPD spawns.
- You can no longer get a HP Chest and Rad Canister on the same level.
- New silhouettes for locked characters.
- Updated Crown Vault tiles.
- Rain now looks cool in Slow Motion.
- Updated the trail for Plasma weapons.
- Nukes now have a cool booster flame.
- Renamed one of the Horror Ultras.
- You now drag some flames behind you when Boiling Veins is triggered.
- Steroids now also spawns curse particles when holding the cursed weapon in his secondary hand.
Update #62 - Terribly Special Effects - February 6th
- Probably the best feature in weeks: a new movie for Chicken to watch on her TV!
- Tons of little effects for mutations, and character abilities.
- Bolts now have sweet trails!
- Further changes to the character portraits & mutation icons.
- Lil Hunter now spawns after a short delay, to give you some time to prepare the battlefield before fighting them.
- Lil Hunter now breaks walls when flying around.
- Lil Hunter's attack now has a bit more spread.
- No more IDPD when taking a tour of the mansion. Security is better than that!
- Removed friction from bolts.
- Explo Freaks now wait a bit longer at the start of a level.
- IDPD Portals now break walls, this might fix some "no portal" problems players have had.
- Horror's Throne Butt text now fits on the screen.
- Better origin for the Golden Bazooka.
- Fixed a Rad Canister crash.
- Chicken no longer has normal rate of fire when using her special.
- Pressing Q no longer swaps weapons. Use spacebar for now!
- Changed some sound effects back to high quality after accidentally messing that up last week.
- Some of the second tier Golden Weapons no longer spawn on your first Venus visit.
- New hitmask for the small bone props in Desert.
- Named some more Ultra Mutations.
- The mutation icons on the HUD have been moved 1 pixel to the right.
- Picking up bigger amounts of HP results in bigger hearts spawning.
- Added flames behind Rockets and particles behind Plasma.
- You now get a "NOT ENOUGH RADS" notification when trying to fire an Ultra Weapon without rads.
Update #61 - Taking out the Trash - January 28th
- We started on reworking Lil Hunter. Now less of a "kill instantly or get killed instantly affair", and more of a challenge.
- Update to the character select portraits. That art was old!
- A new Throne Butt for Chicken, allowing her to run at normal speed when using slow motion instead of having normal rate of fire.
- A rare, new weapon that only spawns under certain conditions. Sorry.
- Enemies now have 10% more HP per loop.
- New Crown Vault tiles and torches. More work on these soon!
- Cursed chests no longer drop the most basic of weapons.
- Changed Horror's Ultra B to shoot slightly less projectiles, but also work from canisters.
- More spread for the Lightning Shotgun.
- Rabbit Paw got a slight nerf, mainly for weapon spawns.
- Energy Hammer has a tiny bit higher rate of fire now.
- Energy Sword has a bit lower rate of fire now.
- Hammerhead requires less pushing.
- Lucky Shot has been improved and gives bigger chunks of ammo.
- Fire Traps have a bit longer pauses in between flames.
- [CLASSIFIED] boxes can now drop [CLASSIFIED] when destroyed! Radical!
- Smaller hitbox for the Proto Statues (and also for the Fish skull in Desert).
- Fixed the omnipresent quick restart crash.
- Throne can no longer be disappeared with Sharp Teeth.
- Fixed a super cool save editing exploit.
- Melting can no longer blow up invisible corpses, like cars had.
- Crystal enemies no longer flip horizontally when aiming at you.
- Proto Statues no longer get trampled.
- Fixed some weapons related to Eyes A Ultra.
- No more normal big weapon chests when taking a tour of the mansion.
- Added ZQSD support.
- Changed the tip for Strong Spirit into something way better.
- IDPD Grenades should now make a short warning sound right before exploding.
- Impact effects for Slugs and Heavy Slugs!
- New sprite for the Ultra Bolts.
- New sprites for the Crystal Spiders.
- Golden Bazooka now fires a sparkling Golden Rocket!
Update #60 - The Gun Update - January 23rd
- A new load of Golden Weapons! Say hello to the Golden Slugger, Assault Rifle, Plasma Gun, Screwdriver, Splinter Gun and Bazooka! These won't be nearly as easy to get as the normal Golden Weapons.
- The Devastator.
- New Ultra Mutations for Eyes, Fish, Plant and Yung Venuz!
- Icons for all Ultra Mutations, Hammerhead and Strong Spirit.
- Remastered and brand new weapon and swap sounds!
- Updated Crown Vault tracks, and new ambience tracks for 0_1.
- The Heavy Slugger now has a way higher rate of fire, but less range.
- Hammerhead now requires you to really push against a wall.
- Strong Spirit now saves your live once, and recharges by returning to full HP. Really needs visual some effects for communication purposes, but we haven't gotten to that yet.
- No more Crown Portals in the Palace!
- Robot gets slightly less drops from eating Golden Weapons now.
- You'll no longer find the Golden Revolver on loops!
- Robot's Regurgitate should now work as intended.
- Fixed a problem with the ambience track in the menu.
- Steroids doesn't have Stress by default on their secondary weapon anymore.
- Weapon Chests on the same level should've stopped dropping the same weapon.
- Fixed a problem with the Ultra Shovel HUD icon.
- Fixed the sprite origin of the Hyper Rifle and Plasma Minigun.
- Fixed a crash related to the Sewers loop boss.
- Hopefully fixed the early portal bug Big Dog has.
- Fixed the description for Plant's Throne Butt.
- Tweaked the way mutations look on the HUD.
- Ultra weapons now have green outlines on the HUD.
Update #59 - Little bit of balancing - January 10th
- First batch of Ultra Mutation icons!
- The ridiculous Plasma Minigun.
- Improved sounds for the bullet weapons. Still a test!
- More Hammerhead range.
- Slightly more slug damage.
- Y.V.'s Throne Butt now reloads faster.
- Plant's Throne Butt now requires enemy health to be slightly lower.
- Stress now works with Steroids' seconday weapon.
- Fixed a glitch with the Golden Laser Pistol HUD icon.
- Possibly fixed a problem with no portals spawning.
- Possibly stopped Scorpions from glitching into walls.
- Total Recall no longer stacks Rhino Skin, Eagle Eyes, Back Muscle & Extra Feet.
- 3D sound should sound slightly better. This is very much a continuous work in progress.
- Rogue now gets a popup when picking up Portal Strike ammo.
- Super Toxic Fro-oh who are we kidding nobody calls them that anymore-Super Ballguys now blow up walls when destroyed.
Update #58 - Highly Experimental Mutations - January 4th
- Hammerhead mutation! Break through walls and create instant cover, clever ambushes, or just have a good time!
- Strong Spirit mutation, saving your life whenever you need it most (at death)!
- Ever so slightly higher rate of fire for the Slugger.
- Wild Horror beam drops rads again.
- Sleeping Assassins and Smoking Gators now drop rads again.
- Fixed a glitch with the Lightning Hammer icon.
- Eating an Ultra Weapon as Robot now gives you some rads!
- Crown of Choice no longer removes one gun, instead makes enemies drop less rads. Needs a new name probably!
Update #57 - Mutant holidays and a happy new year! - December 25th
- Horror's beam no longer gives you rads when it hits walls, but instead gives you back all rads dealt as damage to enemies upon that enemy's death.
- Eyes A Ultra Mutation now makes all projectiles homing. We'd love to know how this impacts your performance, as it's quite some calculations going on when you go wild with a Double Minigun!
- Rogue's Throne Butt now simply makes her strikes more powerful. Still needs some work probably.
- Ultra Grenade Launcher!
- Steroids Throne Butt now produces slightly less when firing both at the same time.
- Damage for most cannons has been increased.
- Messed around with lasers a bit, they're slightly different now.
- Laser Brain has been nerfed a bit for laser weapons.
- Energy Sword and Hammer have been nerfed a bit.
- Recycle Gland has been nerfed a bit.
- Fixed Fish's Throne Butt, making it way more usable!
- Inspectors now also attract Rebel's Allies.
- Lasers glow more, making them feel more powerful.
- Fixed a typo in Horror's Throne Butt!
Update #56 - Portals and bolts - December 19th
- Ultra Crossbow
- Horror's third Ultra Mutation. Let's see how this works out! Basically we want to get all the Ultra's in before we start fixing and redesigning the ones that don't work as well!
- Hostile Horror now gives you 15 more rads on death!
- More Big Bandit spawn tweaking!
- Snowbot hitbox has been made sliiightly larger.
- Changed Hyper Crystal wall destruction and movement code a bit. This one still needs a ton of work though!
- Portal on 3_3 won't spawn anymore when Big Dog's still sleeping.
- Portals now appear again when killing the Crown Guardians on loop.
- Daily Runs now always give you that character's default starting weapon. This will mess up your golden weapons for now, but we're changing the way those are handled soonish.
- Hopefully fixed the bug where Labs could have a portal open from the start.
- Fixed the Ultra Shovel icon.
- Airhorn should no longer cause crashes.
- Fixed Daily Run data being updated by normal runs.
- Airhorn volume has been increased again, sorry for this one.
- IDPD should no longer spawn in Crown Vaults, 7_3 and 0_1.
- Crabs no longer destroy props.
- You can now find streams and report bugs through nuclearthrone.com
Update #55 - I can't believe it's Daily Runs! - December 12th
- Daily runs!
- Fixed most of the seeding problems.
- Fixed the laser nerf. Or was that last update? Our brains are a bit fried from programming these daily runs.
- Fixed a problem with big chests spawning on small chest corpses.
Update #54 - Sweet Sounds Of The Future - December 5th
- 3D sound effects! Still very early, and broke a couple of things. Explosions might sound super weak.
- An improved sound "ducking" system, meaning that loud sounds can make everything else a bit more silent. This makes heavy weaponry sound really awesome.
- A first simple round of audio balancing, making everything less of a "play as loud as you can" affair, giving sounds more space & generally also making really heavy things sound a lot better.
- Something extremely dangerous in Crystal Caves on loop. Very work in progress.
- Faster, more accurate heavy bullets.
- The [CLASSIFIED] at the start of a loop now clears all projectiles on death.
- You can now loop again.
- Properly fixed a bug related to the old boss intros.
- Fixed a bug related to Big Dog still sleeping but portals appearing.
- Fixed a crash caused by the thing in 7_3.
- Fixed a bug caused by rads touching a portal.
Update #53 - Ultra Fixes - November 30th
- Ultra Shotgun!
- Ultra Shovel!
- New Throne Butt for Horror: Using the beam for extended periods of time now heals you.
- Continuing our much-hated trend, we've nerfed laser damage a tiny bit, we'll see how this goes down in history!
- Some changes to Frozen City algorithm. Once again, let's see how this works out!
- Robots B Ultra Mutation now automatically eats all weapons left in the level.
- Rebel A Ultra Mutation now gives Allies 50% more HP.
- Less HP for Snow Wolves.
- Slightly more HP for the Snowbots.
- Ultra Revolver now deals more damage.
- Heavy Slugger rate of fire has been increased.
- Removed the explosions caused by Flame Cannon.
- Pickups are now picked up when the player is in a portal. Might cause some co-op problems, so in a way it's not really a fix while really it is.
- Recoded the way portals work, now always making them spawn from the last corpse!
- Found what caused unplanned Big Bandit spawns and fixed it.
- Fixed another crash caused by boss spawns.
- Heavy Slugs now glow.
- The IDPD spawns on loop now aren't time based, but like Rogue's system.
- Added art for the Heavy Slugs.
- Added art for the Heavy Bullets.
Update #52 - Craters & Flames - November 21st
- Craters & tiny flames from explosions. Will still get some work in the future!
- New Ultra Mutations for Horror, Steroids, Chicken, Rebel and Rogue.
- Heavy Slugger.
- Higher rate of fire for Ultra and Heavy Revolvers.
- More radiation gained from the Crown of Hatred.
- Eagle Eyes no longer makes you see further. Didn't do too much and just made things more complicated than they should be.
- Big Bandit spawns should be a lot more solid, and can no longer be used for radiation farming. Cool shortcut however.
- Recoded the way radiation decides what to move towards.
- Recoded Portal invincibility, now making you completely invulnerable to any damage. Might cause some problems with pickups that should be fixed soon.
- Ultra Mutations can now be picked with the gamepad.
- Windowed mode should have a border again.
- Fixed a crash caused by boss spawns when playing with gamepad.
- Golden Hammer is now the Golden Wrench.
- Cars no longer die into tiny scorchmarks.
- Lab now has tiny floor details.
Update #51 - The tired update - November 18th
- Ultra Revolver.
- Ultra Laser Pistol.
- Heavy Revolver.
- Heavy Machinegun.
- The Sledgehammer is now the Wrench, but there's a new Sledgehammer!
- Fixed a crash related to explosions.
- Fixed a crash related to chicken's max HP loss.
- Slightly changed the origin of the revolver, making it look better when holstered.
Update #50 - Cleaning up! - November 7th
- Little art details have been added to some of the tilesets. Expect bits of grass and clams, the usual really.
- Changed Throne Butt for Steroids.
- Steroids now also has all weapons fully automatic as their passive.
- Getting decapitated as Chicken now lowers your max HP by one, but there are some ways to get it back!
- Eagle Eyes now also lets you see a bit further.
- Extra Feet now makes you walk normal on all surfaces.
- Frog Eggs now have more HP.
- Melting's Ultra now requires enemies to have slightly less HP.
- Eyes' Ultra radius has been increased slightly.
- Nukes now have a smaller hitbox, allowing for better maneuvering.
- Shotgun masks are now slightly different, and Shotgun Fingers should work slightly different.
- Sawed Off Shotgun now has more range, less accuracy.
- Shotgun, Double Shotgun and Sawed Off Shotgun rate of fire has been increased slightly.
- Plant's Snare now stops toxic gas.
- Toxic Barrels now have bigger explosions.
- Golden Weapons now only appear after looping.
- Enemies should no longer get stuck in walls, hopefully.
- Rogue's Ultra now works as planned.
- Fixed a crash caused by Weapon Chests.
- Fixed a crash caused by mutating too much.
- Breaking a single wall now makes the floor look broken.
- Toxic Launchers now always spawn toxic gas.
- Chicken Sword no longer spawns when you get to difficulty 99. :P
- Rebel B skin now looks cool from 5_1 instead of 5_2.
- Big Rad Canisters can't be infested anymore.
- Shells should no longer go through walls.
- Eyes' Ultra is now explained better.
- Rogue Ammo canisters can now be "opened" by Portals.
- New bone pile prop.
- Art for the horrific boss waiting in loop has been updated.
- A new rare tip has been added.
Update #49 - The Distant Future - November 2nd
- Ultra Mutations for all characters.
- Suspected Loop Bosses.
- Small grenade weapons' timing has been tweaked.
- Ballguys now drop more pickups.
- Seeds now work in the seed.txt, but must be in number format only.
- Toxic clouds now heal Ballguys.
- Fixed crashes caused in Portals due to screenshake.
- Fixed weapons not being able to be used until switching after leaving a Portal.
- Fixed a loading screen tip for Horror.
- Big Bandit spawns have been tweaked again.
- Plant's snare now must connect with a wall/enemy before you can snare again.
Update #48 - The same level over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again - October 24th
- Very first seeding tests!
- Sounds for Horror!
- Some tweaks to non-existing secret area.
- Big Bandit can now spawn slightly earlier.
- Fixed some bugs related to Big Bandit's spawn.
- Fixed an error caused by Lil' Hunter.
- Fixed an error caused by the Vault Guardian music.
- Some new tips.
- Melting now looks a bit less healthy.
- A bunch of new art related to a non-existing secret area.
Update #47 - Week of Sound - October 19th
- A million new sound effects, Including -
- Chicken Sword, Energy Sword, Energy Screwdriver, Hyper Launcher, Rusty Revolver, Smartgun, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Double Shotgun, Super Slugger, Flak Cannon, Flak Explosions, Super Flak Cannon, Super Flak Explosions, Wave Gun, Grenade Launcher, all Golden Weapons, Heavy Crossbow, Super Crossbow, Flame Cannon, Blood Hammer, Blood Launcher, all Lightning Weapons and Rogue's Rifle.
- More range for Allies.
- Patience now works as it should.
- IDPD Inspector's slugs can no longer damage you while you're in a portal.
- Fixed various audio problems.
- Fixed "Double Minigun" on the Double Minigun's name hover.
- Fixed a crash caused by Nukes when the player died.
- Fire Salamanders should no longer blow up cars by touching them.
- Updated Post-Boss music.
- New art for light beams in the crown vault.
- A cool new prop in the desert.
- All cannons (except the laser cannon) now break walls on impact.
- Lightning Hammer now plays a lightning sound on impact.
- Mutation picking now sounds different.
Update #46 - Happy Birthday Nuclear Throne - October 10th
- Some little things to celebrate one year of Early Access!
- Sounds for the *CLASSIFIED*!
- Three new high level weapons: The Auto Grenade Shotgun, Double Minigun and Gatling Bazooka.
- Music for after boss fights.
- Music for 0_1.
- Boiling Veins now works when under 4HP, instead of 50% HP.
- Rebel's healing is now rounded down.
- Bloodlust has received a tiny buff.
- Lucky Shot has received a buff.
- Last Wish now fills Rogue's special ammo.
- Slugger rate of fire has been reduced a tiny bit.
- Rogue Rifle rate of fire has been reduced a bit.
- Hyper Launcher deals less impact damage.
- Snowtanks now take longer before they'll react to things.
- Rogue's special, the Nuke Launcher and the Ion Cannon now work with gamepad. All still need some work for usability, but we'll go over gamepad controls at some point!
- The LOW HP message no longer intersects with Rogue's special ammo counter..
- Boss music no longer keeps playing after *CLASSIFIED*.
- Rogue should no longer get stuck because portals won't spawn.
- Boss intro's no longer stop all other sounds from playing.
- Disabled the Sentry Gun for now, we're sorry, but it's terrible.
- Rogue now sounds as Fish, until she gets her own SFX.
- Horror starts with a normal revolver again. We want the Rusty Revolver to stay special.
- Sound effects for pop weapons and fire shotguns!
- The *CLASSIFIED* no longer fires when you're dead.
- The screen now shakes a bit when *CLASSIFIED* walks.
- Boss gun audio now works the same as player gunfire, muting out all other sounds a bit.
- Rogue has an updated walk animation.
- Added some more tips.
Update #45 - The Rogue Update - October 3rd
- Gamma Guts now deals slightly less damage.
- Cluster grenades now spread out a bit more.
- The Pop Gun got an even higher rate of fire, making it impossible to hate.
- Grenade Shotgun has slightly less spread.
- Toxic damage has been increased.
- Wave Gun shoots a few more pellets.
- Snowbots now need to be a bit closer before they'll throw a car.
- The Flare Gun now spawns earlier.
- IDPD Inspectors have been sent back to IDPD Academy, and learnt to aim.
- Ammo and HP pickups should no longer get stuck in walls!
- Weapon Chests opened in narrow corridors no longer cause weapons to freak out and bounce around for hours.
- Fixed an error caused by small grenades.
- Players should no longer encounter the same level multiple times.
- IDPD portals no longer spawn on portals.
- Rebel has a new passive ability, refilling half her missing health when entering a portal.
- IDPD explosions now destroy projectiles.
- The lunge on the Chicken sword has been removed.
- Plasma Cannon now blows up walls on impact.
- Some new tips.
- The new grenade weapons have less screenshake when getting launched.
Update #44 - Small Grenades - September 19th
- Three new explosive weapons, first of which is the Cluster Launcher.
- A GRENADE SHOTGUN. Caps intended
- And obviously, a Grenade Rifle
- Gamma Guts now does even more damage!
- The Hyper Launcher rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
- The Lighting Rifle now has a higher rate of fire, but slightly less range.
- Laser Pistol rate of fire has been decreased a tiny bit more. More changes to these coming soon
- I'm also pretty sure we fixed some weapon spawn position, but forgot to write it down. Exciting
- Lil Hunter now drops 20 rads instead of 2.
- Chest should no longer freak out when spawning of top of each other, digging infinity long tunnels.
- Hopefully the Lightning Rifle no longer makes the game crash on Mac. Please let us know!
- Finally squashed the bug that caused Rhino Freaks to disappear when touching wall.
- Recycle Gland no longer spawns a million +1 bullet popups. This is a temporary fix until we add a better effect
- Work in progress light beams can be found in the Crown Vaults now!
Update #43 - Bugs and Balancing and all the beautiful stuff games are made from - September 5th
- You'll now find a weapon and ammo chest in 7_3.
- Rebel's Allies now have a smaller hitmask, making them harder to hit and slightly better at pathfinding!
- Plant can now walk over its own snare without it getting removed.
- The Wave Gun spawns earlier.
- The Pop Rifle spawns slightly later.
- Eagle Eyes now gives you even better accuracy.
- Proto Statues have more HP.
- The Super Flak Cannon now uses less ammo.
- The game over screen now shows ??? instead of the area number when you die in a secret area.
- Ally corpses can no longer be used to trigger portals during boss appear animations.
- Blue squares and invisible frames should be gone, hopefully.
- Killing the Loop Boss should no longer let you walk outside of the level.
- Fixed some crashes/errors caused by IDPD draw code.
- Patience icon no longer look like a potato.
- Gator corpses are now darker.
- The B music for Palace is exported differently now.
- Removed the random offsets chests got at spawn.
- Attacking with the Golden Sledgehammer now creates sparks!
Update #41 & Update #42 - Heavy Load - August 23rd and September 1st
- A new mutation: Patience. It allows you to delay picking mutations by one portal!
- A new B-track.
- Way more cover in the palace.
- A beautiful new intro to the *REDACTED* fight.
- New Proto Statues, both visually and functionally.
- A brand new B-skin!
- A big tweak to Rebel: Allies after the first one now only cost 1HP to spawn, and Allies now always drop Ammo.
- Minigun has been made more usable.
- Hyper Launcher now costs 2 ammo to use, and is still overpowered.
- Cursed Chests now drop even better weapons.
- IDPD grenades no longer explode on contact.
- Laser Rifle now has a lower rate of fire but is slightly more accurate.
- Eyes can now attract rads with their active.
- Snowbots have a short delay before they'll throw a car.
- The way Fire Shotgun projectiles work has been changed a bit.
- Fire Shotguns fire slightly less pellets.
- Fire Shotguns now spawn slightly later.
- Enemies have their attack animations back!
- You'll no longer find your own *REDACTED* in 0_1.
- Some weird chicken bugs should have been fixed, but please let us know if anything pops up!
- Steroids can now repair things with both hands.
- Disc Gun discs should no longer get stuck in walls.
- Thrown cars are no longer invisible.
- Recycle Gland can no longer give you more than max bullets.
- Recoded the way bolts stick in enemies.
- Lightning Hammer icon should look better.
- Dog Guardians no longer take damage from wall debris.
- Rhino Freaks should no longer glitch into walls.
- Fire Shotgun art!
- Gold projectiles, and *REDACTED* now sparkle.
- Some new tips.
- Guardian bullets now have nicer art.
Update #40 - Shells of Fire - August 16th
- Three new types of flame shotgun.
- Coop should no longer skip levels!
- Some updates to 0_1 loop tiles.
Update #39 - Quality Time - August 8th
- A loop-exclusive bossfight, still very, very, very work in progress.
- A new B-skin!
- Assassins have been made about a millisecond faster with their attacks.
- Dog Guardians have slightly less HP.
- Dog Guardians now drop ammo or health.
- Main menu now plays the complete track.
- Fixed even more music errors.
- Fixed some bugs regarding chicken getting revived by mutations.
- Portal can no longer spawn outside the level.
- Some new tips.
Update #38 - No Mountain Too High - August 1st
- A lot of the weird coop bugs have been fixed! You should no longer be able to travel back to earlier areas! There are still some issues with mutations, but we'll get on those soon!
- The Lightning Hammer.
- Fish now rolls faster and shorter! #teamfish
- Racing Mind has been buffed a bit.
- Headless Chicken now resets her bleed timer when entering a portal.
- Plasma Explosions have been improved.
- The Final Boss no longer charges at you when you're too close.
- Dog Guardians now wait a bit before responding at the start of a level.
- The Pop Rifle has been improved significantly. It now fires automatic and extremely rapid.
- Lightning Rifle now uses only 1 ammo.
- Lightning Shotgun range has been randomized a bit more.
- Laser Rifle has been made less accurate.
- Fixed more of the infamous sound volume errors.
- Euphoria now works on [CLASSIFIED]'s Beam.
- Fixed the update screen Forum link.
- Lightning Rifle shouldn't crash OSX anymore.
- Horror now always starts with the Rusty Revolver.
- The spawning of Portals is no longer limited to a grid.
- Added a link to the Wiki in the Update screen.
- Added more Loop tips.
Update #37 - If you say Balance over and over again it doesn't sound like a word anymore - July 25th
- A brand new type of Guardian in the Palace, replacing the old Ghost Guardians.
- A massive update to the art and animations of the Throne!
- Most significant: Assassins now stop and wait a couple of milliseconds before attacking.
- Bullet drops contain more ammo.
- Energy drops contain less ammo.
- Lightning now deals more damage.
- Flames now deal slightly more damage.
- Higher impact damage for the Flame and Lightning Cannon projectiles.
- Slightly higher impact damage for the Flak Cannon.
- Stress has been made more effective, now increasing your rate of fire up to 80%!
- Sharp Teeth now deals double the damage you've taken.
- Teleporting Guardians no longer reappear as close to the player.
- Guardians (except for the new ones) now deal less melee damage.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused some props to shake.
- Fixed another error caused by turning volume all the way down.
- You should no longer be able to spawn next to explosive barrels in one of the secret levels.
- Rebel's Allies are now a source of light in the dark levels.
Update #36 - The Fire In My Heart - July 18th
- The deadly Flame Cannon!
- Big Rad Chests now have more HP!
- Fixed an error caused by Big Dog and Laser Crystal draw code.
- Y.V. now has his voice back when using Pop Pop or Brrrap!
- Horror now has a preview image in the menu.
- Toxic Launcher/Grenades now have their own art!
- Golden Chests now sparkle!
- Updated the Throne corpse and death animation.
Update #35 - Shiny guns and fancy Thrones - July 12th
- Golden Weapons are now 40% shinier!!!
- The art for the Nuclear Throne has been updated a bit! We're about half-way there now!
- The Toxic Launcher.
- A very, very early "map" on the game over screen.
- Big Radiation Canisters now have a lot more HP.
- ??? now charges at you when out of ???.
- Horror now sounds the same as Fish, instead of being silent. This should help a bit with knowing when you get hit. Real voice coming up later.
- Fixed a couple of problems with ???.
- You now loop through a green portal!
Update #34 - The Horror! The Horror! - July 4th
- Horror - a pure energy being that can turn radiation into a deadly beam.
- Big Dog spawn modified to be more fair.
- The Crown of Choice. Allows you to take only one weapon through each portal, but always spawns you right next to a free chest or radiation canister.
- The Pop Rifle.
- Energy ammo amounts are slightly lower.
- Energy Sword rate of fire has been decreased a tiny bit.
- Energy Screwdriver has a higher rate of fire.
- Energy Hammer uses less ammo.
- Laser Cannon uses less ammo.
- Less IDPD spawn after having visited a Crown Vault.
- Bolt Marrow is way more effective with the Disc Gun now.
- The terrible Mac special ability bug should have been fixed!
- Long Arms now works with the Energy Sword and Hammer.
- Removed the Generators in 7_3 for now, fixing an exploit that allowed you to skip the Throne.
- Allies no longer shoot at the wall when there are no enemies around.
- Fixed the Sledgehammer HUD icon.
- Added Big Radiation Canisters.
- Removed the option to pick a random crown, for now.
- Carpet now makes your footsteps sound nice and soft!
- Fixed some tips.
Update #33 - Just A Nuclear Throne Update - June 27th
- Some changes made to world 7.
Update #32 - Tiny Explosions - June 20th
- Tiny explosions.
- Plasma Rifle.
- The Pop Gun.
- Got rid of the Crown of Life, replaced it with the Crown of Explosions(temp name).
- Desert, Sewer & Pizza Sewer floor tile update.
- Chicken now dies quicker from being headless.
- Crown of Guns spawns a bit more guns.
- The way Plasma weapons work has been changed.
- Several in-game explosions/explosive weapons have been changed to work with the new tiny explosions.
- Explosions spread out a bit less.
- Music and ambiances are now stereo!
- There should no longer be big squares appearing for a frame when you blow up walls.
- Something happened to the bandits in the Frozen City.
- Lightning Ball & Lightning Cannon got their own art.
- New Torches in the Crown Vaults.
Update #31 - The tiniest update - June 13th
- You can now toggle the gamepad on/off at any time by pressing G on the keyboard.
- Enemies are back in 7-3.
- Some collision changes that might fix a lot of problems.
- Rebel's Allies should no longer turn invincible when hurt during their spawning animation.
- Heavy Bolt sprite updated
- Added some new tips.
Update #30 - Look at that Ally Animation! - June 6th
- Allies now have a super sweet appear animation.
- New floors, walls and props in Palace.
- Palace levels are now bigger and have their own algorithm!
- The Lightning Cannon.
- New, proper art for the Blood Hammer, Smart Gun and Heavy Crossbow.
- Allies now last slightly longer.
- Less IDPD spawns in Palace.
- Heavy Crossbow bolt damage has been increased.
- Bosses now spawn with more HP after each loop.
- Fixed an error caused by lightning spawned after death.
- Fixed some palace prop positioning.
- Fixed a typo in the corwn of haterd.
- Tried working on some lag issues.
- Allies now bleed instead of smoke.
- Alligator colors have been changed for the colorblind.
Update #29 - Guns that Think - May 30th
- The Smart Gun.
- The Heavy Crossbow. This thing shoots what seems to be two bolts taped together... Very work in progress!
- The Blood Hammer, causes Blood Explosions on impact.
- Sound effects for the Fire Salamanders.
- Sound effects for the basic Guardians.
- Gold/cursed weapons now have colored outlines on the HUD.
- IDPD now need to be within a certain range of you to throw grenades.
- IDPD Grunts no longer spawn on chests after the caves.
- Flame weapons have been nerfed a bit and should no longer be able to completely trash bosses.
- Laser Cannon has a higher rate of fire.
- Laser Pistols now have a slightly lower rate of fire.
- Shadows are no longer drawn outside the level, several issues with this have been fixed.
- HP can no longer go under 0, sorry Sharp Teeth Chicken users.
- The Golden Hammer now draws properly in the HUD.
- Some of the wall collisions have been reworked.
- The game now pauses when unfocused!
- The camera is now pulled less towards Portals.
- Added a rare little visual joke to the Mimics.
- A new tip for Rebel.
- Palace ambiance track has been updated.
Update #28 - Interdimensional Chests - May 23rd
- Mutations are now shown on the game over screen.
- You can now stumble upon rare IDPD Chests.
- Crown Vaults and ??? now have their own ambient tracks.
- Spawning into a level now destroys a nearby walls. This'll actually have a bit of an influence on the gameplay, so we're curious to hear your thoughts!
- Less enemies spawn around Big Dog.
- Toxic Barrels no longer spawn right next to you.
- The invisible/invincible character glitch should be fixed.
- The volume changing sqrt bug should be fixed.
- Fixed a lot of bugs related to quick restart. This should get rid of the tan screen bug, and the automatic return to main menu bug.
- Rhino Freaks should no longer glitch into walls.
- Weapons no longer travel with you after dying on a portal.
- Fixed a bug that was caused by bosses spawning right before/after your death.
- Fixed an error caused by dying during the Big Dog battle.
- Ambience tracks are now streamed, should decrease loading times a tiny bit.
- Big Bandit now has a new dash sprite, closer to what it'll eventually look like.
- The update icon now looks nice.
- You can now quick restart with the gamepad, it's the same button you use to pick up weapons.
Update #27 - Fiery Scraps - May 16th
- Fire Salamanders
- There's now a thing in the main menu you can click for information on the current update.
- Rebel's Allies are now a bit more useful.
- Guardians now wait a bit longer before attacking at the start of a level.
- The Nuke is now easier to steer around.
- If a group of I.D.P.D. spawns, there's a tiny delay between each portal opening.
- On popular request and because it makes total sense, if you pick a random character and quick restart, you'll get a new random character instead of the initial one again.
- Gamepad aiming for a lot of weapons should be fixed.
- Probably fixed the Steam overlay not disappearing properly.
- Fixed a bug caused by drawing the darkness layer.
- Fixed two bugs where big weapon chests turned into cursed weapon chests, and golden weapon chests turned into big weapon chests when opened.
- Fire Trap scorch marks now also show on grass.
- Fixed a glitch with the Ion Cannon HUD icon.
- Nukes now spawn a ring of smoke when exploding.
- Exploding Guardians now have different, still placeholder bullets.
- The Extra Feet mutation now makes you play extra footstep sound effects.
Update #26 - The Guardians - May 9th
- Exploding Guardians.
- Ghost Guardians. These are still a bit glitchy/messed up, but we want to test their behavior. Expect a big overhaul of them at some point.
- The palace now has cool B-tiles and props!
- The game now has tips that only show up after looping, and tips that only show when HP is low.
- The lightning SMG. Super good for taking out weaker enemies, and boasts the highest rate of fire of any of the lightning weapons.
- Fish's roll time now shortens significantly after bouncing into a wall.
- Shotgun fingers has been improved.
- Guardians now drop ammo or HP.
- The Laser Cannon now charges faster, deals more melee damage, fires automatically, and uses less ammo.
- The Sawed-Off Shotgun now fires even more pellets.
- A temporary fix for the enemy duplication bug has been implemented.
- Footstep sounds are now way softer.
- The Random icon in the menu no longer always appears selected.
- The pause screen now shows the game behind it in the non-dark areas, like it used to do.
- You can now pause and unpause the game with the gamepad.
- Gamepad should now work for some people who couldn't switch on the gamepad option.
- Fixed a bug with the sentry guns.
- Probably fixed a crash when the player died after a portal had spawned.
- Portals now blow up slightly more walls around themselves.
- Guardians now have their own bullets.
- Guardians exploding now destroys nearby walls.
- Large Weapon Chests now make a bit of room around themselves when spawning.
- The cursor is hidden in the title screen when playing with gamepad.
- The cursor is now hidden during loading screens.
- The tip for Recycle Gland has been changed.
- Some minor changes have been made to the Palace generation, will still change a lot.
Update #25 - Getting closer to the Nuclear Throne - May 2nd
- The Palace.
- Footstep sound effects.
- Sawed-off Shotgun.
- Splinter Pistol.
- Super Splinter Gun.
- Icon for Sharp Teeth, and HUD icons for Sharp Teeth & Racing Mind!
- Floors now have "materials", which will allow us to do cool tricks in the future, and for now just makes them trigger the right footsteps.
- Splinter Gun spawns fewer splinters.
- Lightning Pistol can spawn slightly sooner.
- Bloodlust and Lucky Shot both trigger a tiny bit more.
- The Assault Slugger now takes a lot longer to reload.
- Enemies getting hit/killed sound effect volume is no longer affected by gunshots/swings, so melee kills should have their crunch back!
- Fixed the notorious "no portal at Big Dog" bug!
- Boiling Veins + odd number HP no longer results in half HP values.
- Fixed a small thing where the Lab debris wasn't centered properly.
- Fixed a thing where Portals gave an error when the player dies.
- Sentry Gun should no longer crash the game.
- Fixed a Scorpion drawing error.
- More pitch shift on the weapon sounds.
- Getting hit by Flame Traps now plays a burn sound.
- The drip sounds playing in sewer now have a big pitch shift.
Update #24 - Can you hear me? - April 25th
- We're now using Game Maker: Studio's new audio engine.
- Gunshots now have some some pitch randomization and hit sound effects.
- We've introduced a subtle increasing pitch shift when picking up rads.
- Rebel now has a proper voice!
- The IDPD now have voices, and all IDPD units now have proper sound effects.
- Sharp Teeth. Getting hurt deals that amount of damage to all enemies. Was added in the last 10 minutes of Friday, so we don't know how good it is.
- Racing Mind. Killing an enemy removes 25% of your remaining reload time on both weapons. Super good for Nuke Launcher fans.
- Bolt weapons get slightly less ammo now.
- Made the Auto Crossbow slightly more accurate again.
- Fixed crashes in the Portals.
- Fixed Sniper-related crashes.
- Empty level bug fixed in one specific area.
- Crowns no longer join you on quick restarts.
- Fixed player drawing related crashes.
- You can now aim the Jackhammer with gamepad again.
- Back Muscle now gives 555 max ammo for bullet weapons instead of 999.
- Portal drawing code has been optimized a bit.
- Joonas taught us a cool audio trick that makes firing weapons feel even better. Firing a weapon will lower all other sound effects for a millisecond and then fade them back up.
Update #23 - Back to old-school action - April 18th
- Enemies on Venuz and Mimics now have sound effects!
- The horribly powerful Super Flak Cannon.
- We fixed a million bugs and a lot of crash bugs. Not really a feature, but it should significantly improve your Nuclear Throne experience!
- Stress has been made more powerful.
- IDPD no longer spawns when you level up past level 4.
- The Flamethrower and the Dragon now use less ammo, and push enemies away harder.
- The IDPD Shielder now shoots a lot less projectiles.
- Toxic barrels no longer explode, and instead just release gas.
- Once again, the Auto Crossbow has been made less accurate.
- Enemies now target both players in coop.
- You can now select all crowns with the gamepad.
- Enemies no longer spawn corpses when flying up etc.
- Setting the music volume to 0 will no longer give you an error message.
- Killing Lil Hunter no longer crashes the game!
- Visiting the stat screen no longer crashes the game.
- And then there's a ton of bugs fixed related to: Assassins; Crystal's Shield; Portals; The HUD in coop; Bosses spawning; Allies getting hit by explosions, and Golden Scorpions!
- The game now has a proper icon.
- Spiders are now green, making them at least 34% more visible.
- Some of the music tracks have been updated slightly.
- The lightning weapons now have a work in progress sound effect.
- Some new tips have been added.
Update #22 - Friendship - April 11th
- Local cooperative play for two players !
Update #21 - Second Start - April 5th
- The game has ported from GameMaker 8.1 to GameMaker Studio
- NT can now be played on Mac and Linux
Update #20 - A New Direction - April 1st
- FPS mode as an April Fools joke :)
Update #19 - Thunder in my Heart - March 7th
- New decals in the Sewers and Caves, and an alternate version of the Frozen City decals have been added.
- Walking on spider webs now slows you down. Sorry.
- Lightning Rifle!
- Lightning Shotgun!
- Explosive weapons now get more ammo from drops!
- The Crown of Hatred now gives you radiation over time instead of damage, and can no longer kill you.
- The I.D.P.D. Shielder now idles a bit longer after leaving shield mode.
- The Splinter Gun now shoots an extra splinter!
- The Toxic Bow now deals more damage on impact.
- Leveling up now spawns I.D.P.D. after level 4.
- Leaving a Crown Vault with a Crown now spawns I.D.P.D.
- Plasma Guns are now slightly more accurate.
- The Laser Cannon now pushes enemies away more while charging.
- Wolves now deal a bit less melee damage.
- You can now use the Flare Gun without fear of errors.
- Toxic Barrels no longer spawn in certain places.
- You can use the arrow keys for movement again.
- Gamepad should be usable again in the menu.
- The Crown of Destiny can now be used with gamepad.
- You can now pause the game again with the gamepad. Unpausing doesn't work yet, sorry for that. use the keyboard for that.
- The Double Shotgun, Super Slugger and Super Crossbow now move you back a bit when fired.
- The way lightning weapons and the lightning pistol work has been updated. Lightning weapons now also look cool!
- Chicken's slow motion now influences rain and snow!
- Radiation flies out of enemies with a bit more speed.
Update #18 - Small list, Big changes - February 28th
- All characters have their own selection animation for the campfire scene now. We are incredibly happy with how this turned out.
- Rebel no longer sounds like Fish! She now has her very own voice. This is not her final voice, as we intend to get a voice actor, but should give you a first impression of what she´ll sound like.
- Two new types of I.D.P.D. troops: Shielders, and Inspectors. Both should seem pretty familiar...
- Every boss now has its own musical theme.
- The way player input is handled has been redone from scratch. This does a couple of things. First of all, performance should be significantly better for at least a small portion of our players. It also fixed the infamous "Crystal Shield Bug" where keys did not register when pressed during the small pauses that happen during explosions and the like. Finally, it will also make some planned features such as customizable controls a bit easier to implement.
- Scrapyard and Frozen City now have decals like the bones in Desert.
- A Lightning Pistol! Still very work in progress, but this should give you an idea of the lightning type weapons we're planning.
- I.D.P.D. explosions now blow up walls, but Grunts (and Inspectors) no longer have infinite grenades.
- The blood launcher can be used without fear of errors again.
- As mentioned above, keys pressed (or released) during freezes are now registered. No more Crystal getting stuck in shield mode!
- Some players should experience a significant performance increase.
- You can now set the amount of auto aim for gamepad support in the options menu. It can be set from 0-200%
Update #17 - Vault Security - February 21st
- Crown Guardians! These dangerous foes will be found in Crown Vaults after the first one.
- A great new track for the Crown Guardians.
- Stress. This brand new mutation gives you a higher rate of fire when your health is lower. A great match for characters such as Rebel and Chicken!
- Stinky fog in the sewers.
- Drops now give you more energy ammo. The ammo cap is still the same, so this should work well with the high ammo use nature of energy weapons.
- Fire from the Traps has been made a bit slower.
- You no longer take damage when big enemy corpses bump into you.
- Sight range in dark levels has been reduced, but Eyes now sees even more.
- Grenades, slugs, and shotgun pellets are now deflectable.
- The Proto Chest should no longer spawn on top of the Crown.
- Fixed the way levels are loaded, so that it no longer rains in the secret level.
- Big Weapon Chests no longer appear in the secret level.
- New collision masks for the plasma weapons.
- The Proto Chest no longer gives an error when the player dies.
- You can no longer walk past Trap fire. Can't believe we didn't find out about this earlier!
- Made some small fixes to the way Big Health Chests spawn.
- Labs should no longer start with an activated portal.
- Chests sometimes spawned with a bit of wind next to them, this should no longer happen.
- Cursed Chests no longer turn into Big Weapon Chests when opened.
- Some minor changes to the enemy shooting code.
- Allies now show a heal effect when healed.
- Chests after the Crystal Caves now spawn with I.D.P.D. Grunts instead of Bandits.
- The secret level music has been updated.
- The ambient tracks for Laboratory and Scrapyard have been updated.
- Freaks now sometimes fly through portals heading to the Laboratory.
Update #16 - Fifty Weapons & High Level Chests - February 14th
- Something very mean waiting for you after the first Crown Vault!
- Something very mysterious waiting for you in the second Crown Vault!
- Unique sounds for all mutations!
- Crown of Hatred is now the Crown of Love. There's a new Crown of Hatred that deals damage over time in exchange for drops.
- A Laser Cannon, lifted straight out of Super Crate Box!
- Sounds for the Wolves & all Lab enemies.
- Ravens now no longer shoot you from point-blank range.
- Plant's camera now only locks to the Snare when the right mouse button is held. This doesn't work with gamepad yet, *but we're planning a big update to overhaul all the input code soon that will fix that.
- The Opposite Crown has been removed. For those wondering what it even did, it made the rare floor tiles common, and *the common floor tiles rare. Something that wasn't very interesting, didn't look very good, and messed up the gameplay.
- Eyes' Telekinesis no longer works on enemy lasers.
- IDPD no longer shows up in Crown Vaults because that's disrespectful.
- For the third time: Chicken no longer teleports...
- Lil' Hunter now plays its own sound at appearance instead of Big Bandit's.
- Secret level now loads up to 100%.
- A little effect when healing.
- Lab enemies now appear after looping.
- Some changes to the walls in Crown Vaults.
- Chests now have their shadow 1 pixel higher and it looks so much better!
Update #15 - Horrible Experiments - February 8th
- Two brand new B-Skins!
- The Crown of Hatred.
- The Hyper Launcher, which is JW's personal favorite.
- Some significant changes to the tiles in Desert & Sewers, making them look less repetitive.
- The screen now shakes whenever Yung Venuz uses his air horn.
- Gamma Guts now deals more damage to enemies.
- Lasers & Energy slashes last even longer with Laser Brain.
- Recycle Gland now gives ammo on hits, instead of on misses.
- Enemies in Frozen City drop more ammo.
- Alligators have slightly less HP.
- Mimics now drop more radiation.
- Flamethrower spawns slightly earlier.
- Auto Crossbow spawns slightly later.
- As requested on the forums, the Wolves & Frogs now wait a bit longer before their AI kicks in.
- B-Skins have been made slightly more rare.
- The screen now shakes whenever Yung Venuz uses his air horn.
- After trying the new movement system, we listened to the feedback and made some fixes. On top, players will no longer get stuck on corners.
- Rad Canisters finally have a corpse! No more checking the whole level to see if you opened it or not.
- The enemies in the secret level have been fixed, solving some weird collision issues.
- We fixed some typos.
- Crossbows no longer kill you or your Allies.
- Lil' Hunter no longer gives an error when shooting at an already dead player.
- The screen now shakes whenever Yung Venuz uses his air horn.
- The way the darkness is handled has changed a lot. There is now a smaller bright circle around the Player, but the circle around that is now less dark. The amount of light objects give has also been changed. We're looking forward to how this change affects the game's balance.
- A new prop in the secret area.
- Something in the secret area now looks more fancy.
- The screen now shakes whenever Yung Venuz uses his air horn.
Update #14 - Mystery arrives - February 1st
- A very secret new area.
- Robot Wolves now roam the Frozen City.
- You'll be able to find the deadly Energy Screwdriver in later areas.
- Sound effects for fire weapons.
- Allies now heal whenever you spawn a new one as Rebel, and her passive now spawns Ally bullets instead of Blood Explosions.
- Loading screen portals now look different depending on where you're going!
- Mimics have been made a tiny bit more rare, to catch players off guard more often.
- Enemies in caves now drop a bit less radiation.
- Enemies should no longer spawn inside walls, which should also fix the portal not spawning when all the enemies seem dead.
- Chicken should no longer teleport around when slashing near walls.
- Shovel now works with Long Arms.
- Ally AI has been improved.
- Debris now disappears into smoke, not dust.
- Tiles can now support more than 4 different images.
- Tiles in Crown Vaults have been updated a bit.
- New prop in Scrapyard.
- Rebel now has a campfire animation.
- Robot now has a simpler, less ridiculous campfire animation.
- The Frozen City wall art has been changed a bit.
- More loading screen tips have been added.
- Big Bandit's death animation has been updated.
- We worked a bit more on Labs, which should be in the next update!
Update #13 - We'll fix you right up - January 24th
- The player no longer weirdly slides along walls when pushing against them. The new system will still get a little work to help you walk around corners, but should at least stop you from getting killed because the game thinks you want to walk into a Scorpion.
- This change will obviously impact a lot of the game, so we're going to go and make this the main change for this week to see how that resolves.
- Mysterious music could appear in Frozen City now.
- Tips can now be based on your current Crown and Mutations.
- The Desert music got a small update.
- We made unlocking Rebel a lot easier for now. The unlock system works, so until we've decided upon what to do with *the system we'll leave it like this.
- Shotguns have been buffed a bit, now having 1 extra pellet per shell fired.
- Crown of Life now gives you +6 HP at the end of each level.
- Hyper Rifles and Gold Weapons spawns slightly later.
- Flame weapons spawn earlier.
- The Statue now always spawns in the 2nd level in a world after the first Desert. No more sad empty tiles!
- Looping into an area lower than the area needed to unlock a character now also unlocks that character.
- Debris should cause a lot less slowdown.
- Some changes and fixes to the level generation.
- Fish is no longer invulnerable after getting hit once while rolling/using his Throne Butt.
- The volume for the Boss Killed jingle is now the same as music volume.
- The game now frees memory used for music before shutting down.
- Enemy SFX are no longer all preloaded, probably freeing some CPU and fixing music issues for people.
- Even more tinkering with audio memory stuff...
- Mimics now also spawn in Desert after looping.
- There are no longer holes in the grass in Scrapyard.
- We started work on the first secret area. Not implemented yet.
- The way tiles are handled is now a bit more versatile and perhaps even faster.
- The ambient tracks for Frozen City & Scrapyard have been updated.
- Fire now lights up the darkness.
Update #12 - Revolution - 19 January 2014
- A brand new playable character, Rebel. Rebel can spawn allies at the cost of some health, and has a defensive ability that triggers each time it is hit.
- The basic system for character unlocks is now in place! The unlocks are tied to level progress for now, but there'll be more specific ways to unlock characters.
- Most mutations now have their own sound effects, courtesy of Joonas.
- Paul created beautiful new icons for the mutations in game.
- Fire-based weapons, such as the flamethrower.
- Enemies now spawn a bit further away from the player, and no longer directly besides, above or beneath the player. This is an experiment, as we want to see if and how this influences the fairness of spawns.
- Fish now has a completely new Throne Butt, called Water Boost.
- The Crown of Destiny no longer gives you infinite mutations, just one.
- You can no longer select characters hidden under buttons in the menu.
- Extra Stomach has been renamed Second Stomach.
- There's a little (!) on characters indicating you haven't played as those yet.
- The debris flying through portals has been tweaked a little bit and should look a bit better now.
- More hints related to weapons while loading.
- The Radiation Canisters now have proper perspective.
- The Super Frogs now have their own death sound.
- A subtle sound effect plays when there's only one enemy left.
- Lil' Hunter now screams at you when he's at 50% health.
- New sounds for the portals.
- New sounds for the Proto Statues.
Update #11 - Getting back into the habit - 11 January 2014
- Sounds for Chicken.
- Sounds for Yung Venuz by Doseone.
- Sounds for Lil Hunter.
- Quadruple Machinegun!
- The stats for best kills, loops and difficulty now show what mutant you were playing with.
- Lower damage for the Snowbots.
- Y.V. with Throne Butt now gets an even faster reload rate.
- The low ammo sound effect no longer plays twice.
- No more errors when doing quick restart from the pause menu.
- Level generation has been optimized a bit, should be slightly faster.
- Eagle Eyes now affects the spread of triple and quadruple machineguns as well.
- Eyes now gives a tip about Telekinesis.
- First work on a new area started, but the Labs aren't far along yet to make them accessible. Soon.
- Added Doseone to the credits.
- Plasma bullets now leave some smoke.
Update #10 - Voice of a Generation - 21 December 2013
- Voice acting for Fish, Crystal, Eyes, Melting, Plant, Robot and Steroids!
- Campfire idle animations for every character!
- Chicken now has a TV. See if you can recognize the movies she's watching.
- Portal debris & lightning effects. Still very work in progress.
- Sound effects for the Snowbots, I.D.P.D., and Snow Tanks. Sound effects for assassins have been updated.
- Sounds to notify you of low ammo and HP.
- An Ion Cannon.
- Big Rats have been changed a bit.
- Robot now plays a cool animation when eating.
- Updated I.D.P.D. explosions, plasma explosions and Maggot Spawner art.
- Lil' Hunter has been nerfed. He dodges and falls a lot slower now.
- Tweaks to the city algorithm.
- Lots of tiny things we forgot about.
- Characters in the main menu should no longer be sitting on cacti.
- Lil' Hunter getting killed now stops the boss music.
- No more errors when music or ambient volume is set to 0.
- Lil' hunter no longer gives error messages when killed after player death.
- Fixed some game over sound bugs.
- Freed some audio memory.
- Several minor tile art updates.
- Chicken now plays a sound during slow motion.
- Statues now sit on Crown Vault tiles.
Update #9 - Corpses Everywhere - 15 December 2013
- New corpse sprites for most mutants.
- New corpse sprites for most enemies.
- Sounds when you swap weapons, conveniently letting you hear what weapon type you're equiping. Other than sounding great, this might save you some accidental explosion deaths.
- New sounds for opening chests, and picking up weapons.
- Some changes to the frog enemies.
- Lucky Shot now gives you ammo even more often!
- Crowns now undo stuff if you equip a different one. You'll get HP back from the Crown of Life, and lose a skillpoint from the Crown of Destiny.
- Crown behavior is still very much work in progress.
- The Crown Vaults now work with gamepad!
- Chicken's slow-motion now works properly with gamepad.
- Chicken Sword now slashes in the right direction when standing close to the mouse.
- Enemy speeds are capped on collision, possibly fixing enemies spawning outside of the level with the Crown of Blood.
- Lil Hunter no longer gives errors when you die.
- The Crown Vault will no longer kill you if you spawn close to the Crown.
- Gamepad autoaim now also targets props. Have fun shooting explosive barrels!
- Updated Melting's image in the character select.
- Plasma weapons now have a reload sound.
- Lil Hunter now has blue fire.
Update #8 - Add a little bass to that shotgun & a nuke to the arsenal. - 07 December 2013
- All mutation icons!
- More weapon sounds!
- More enemy sounds!
- Nuke Launcher. NUUUUUUKE LAUNCHER!
- Lil' Hunter got updated a lot.
- Throne Butt now tells you what it does for your current mutant.
- Some very mysterious changes to the Blood Launcher.
- Loading screen now has support for "rare tips".
- Lil' Hunter now has an intro like the other bosses.
- Lower damage but higher rate of fire for the Katana.
- Higher damage but lower rate of fire for the Sledgehammer.
- Higher rate of fire for the Screwdriver.
- Boiling Veins now make you immune to explosions and fire when under 50% health.
- Sword icon changed a little bit.
- Props with text on them will no longer flip.
- Fixed spawning a bit for that secret enemy we added in the last update.
- Portal spawn locations fixed a bit.
- Weapon reload now has more contrast on the HUD.
- New icicle graphics.
- More loading screen tips.
- Shells now disappear with a slightly random interval.
- New ice tiles in Frozen City.
Update #7 - Chicken, Crowns, Gold & Much More - 30 November 2013
- Chicken! A katana-wielding mutant that can slow down time.
- Crowns now work! They still need a lot of work, and some of them are horrible or unbalanced, but you can find them in the Crown Vault and mess around with them.
- Gold weapons! That will start spawning after you loop the game.
- A new B-skin.
- Loading texts can now be based on the weapon you're carrying.
- A secret, new, rare enemy in levels after Desert.
- Crossbow Lungs renamed to Bolt Marrow, now makes bolts jump straight into nearby enemies. Lots of fun!
- Plasma weapons now deal splash damage making them not quite useless.
- Frogs walk away from you at spawn.
- Less accuracy for the Auto Crossbow.
- Ammo starting amounts are different.
- Steroids ammo starting amounts are different.
- More range for the Snow Tanks.
- Weapons should no longer go through portals after death.
- Portals should no longer spawn outside of levels.
- Frozen City enemies now spawn when looping.
- Gators no longer spawn inside walls.
- Gators & Assassins now give Rads when killed before activated.
- Health can no longer be negative.
- When carrying a melee weapon only, the bullet ammo type no longer lights up on the HUD.
- Snowbot finalization & car pickup/throw animations.
- Snow and ashes in the Frozen City.
- A couple of new Frozen City props, including 2 rare ones.
- Renamed Crossbow Lungs to Bolt Marrow.
- Cool pedestals in the Crown Vaults.
- Snowbots now leave dust trails when attacking.
- Smoking Gators now carry their shotgun on their back.
- Some more loading screen texts.
- Snowtank graphics!
- Y.V. now starts with a gold revolver.
- Chainsaw is now a Jackhammer.
- Big Dog corpses look slightly different.
Update #6 - Smooth animations - 23 November 2013
- Music for Frozen City and the Crown Vault.
- New character walk animations.
- New enemy walk animations.
- A very basic early version of the Frozen City boss.
- Art for the snowbots.
- No melee for snowbots carrying cars.
- Some I.D.P.D. spawn tweaking.
- Snow tanks now have a max range, and a longer startup time before they fire.
- Less accuracy for the minigun.
- Various tiny fixes
- Fixed the Scrapyard rain to also fall on top of the level
- New color for Robot's B-skin and energy weapons
- Some preparation for the crowns
- New sniper gun
- some extra tips during level load
Update #5 - The Frozen City - 16 November 2013
- A new area, the Frozen City, featuring two new enemy types.
- New weapons: wreak melee havok with the Chainsaw and Energy Hammer or use the new favorite here at Vlambeer, the *Flak Cannon.
- New mutation: Crossbow Lungs. Makes bolt-based weapons slightly homing towards the mouse. Probably still needs some work.
- Snipers will wait a bit longer before firing at the start of a level.
- Plant's snare no longer stops enemies completely, they can now escape given enough time.
- Some small Big Dog changes. You now have some time to escape after it dies, it spams less missiles, and spawning next to it won't trigger it right away.
- Slightly more screwdriver damage.
- Impact Wrists now deals a bit less damage. Still needs some work!
- The I.D.P.D. is no longer interested in the mysterious statues collecting rads, instead damage to the statues will sound their interdimensional alarms.
- There should be no more enemies in Crown Vaults after you loop the game.
- Vaults now return you to the next area instead of 4_1.
- Killing props in a Vault will no longer spawn portals.
- Getting Boiling Veins and walking into fire will no longer shake the screen like crazy.
- Fire Trap scorchmarks are now also visible on grass.
- Game no longer crashes if you kill Big Dog & it spawns a portal.
- Some investigation into causes of lag/memory leaks. Will take a while to improve, but we're working on it.
- Cars now move slightly when hit.
- The statue only spawns in X_2 areas now. No more cave statues.
- Changed some character & skill texts.
- Some of the contrast on Desert tiles has been changed.
- Renamed Laser Sword to Energy Sword.
Update #4 - The I.D.P.D. - 9 November 2013
- You can visit the mysterious Crown Vaults, even though there is not much there yet.
- New mutation that might still need some work: Impact Wrists. Makes corpses fly further and deal more damage on contact.
- Plant now has an idle animation in the menu.
- The I.D.P.D.
- Mysterious statues.
- Bandits no longer shoot when you're standing super close.
- Changed the Discgun a bit, should no longer kill you randomly.
- Plant's Snare now kills anything with less than 50% health when upgraded with Throne Butt.
- Big Bandit should no longer drop nothing sometimes.
- Nerfed Fire Eater (now Boiling Veins) to lowered damage from explosions, no damage from fire.
- Slower Splinter Gun rate of fire.
- Nerfed Rabbit Foot, it now gives 60% more drops now instead of 100% more.
- Clicking a volume bar in the options menu now instantly sets the game to that volume.
- Music volume settings now also work for menu & boss music.
- Flame Trap no longer make sounds when the portal has spawned.
- Portals no longer kill enemies.
- Corpse hitting something plays the hit sound effect.
- Double clicking now only works if you do it half a second before reload. Shovel etc. won't give as much trouble now.
- Fixed nomusic.txt!
- Missed Plasma bullets no longer give people ammo with lucky shot.
- Fixed a bug with Scrap Yard boss spawning/making ravens fly when player is dead.
- Sticky Grenade depth is now on top of enemies.
- Renamed some mutations.
- Props now mirror randomly.
- New campfire, barrel, torch graphics.
- Plant's Snare now stops fire from traps.
- Telekinesis now works on small pickups and weapons too.
- Telekinesis now works on all non-player projectiles, including flame traps & toxic gas.
- Health pickups are now hearts instead of red crosses.
- Rolling with Fish while standing still rolls towards the mouse.
- Logo now pulsates instead of wiggles.
Update #3 - 3 November 2013
- Wave gun
- Plasma gun (needs sound effects)
- Plasma cannon (needs sound effects)
- Sentry gun (very unfinished)
- Plant b skin
- New props (rotting cacti and -CLASSIFIED- in the desert, tires in the scrapyard, cocoons in caves)
- Some new mutation icons
- Fixed some music memory leaking
- You can now use the mouse in the menu while in gamepad mode
- Quick restarting no longer gives you big weapon chests
- Fixed music stopping at quick restart
- Menu no longer crashes when pressing escape at the logo
- Characters can be selected again in the menu
- Picking up a weapon with control no longer does that every frame ;)
- Fixed young venuz airhorn and metal hit sound effects.
- Big rats can no longer be killed with the snare.
- Gamepad quick restart with (A)
- Toxics should now disappear when portal spawns
- Added "fit to the screen" option
- Slightly updated logo with better kerning
- Splinter gun changed around a bit
- Robot description now says "EATS GUNS", way cooler
- Cave sparkles
- New pipe graphics
- Less energy weapon screenshake
- Lots of crown vault work, not public yet, sorry
- Save file will be reset, sorry. We probably won't have save files that transfer between builds until we get character unlocks in.
Update #2 - 28 October 2013
- Options screen
- Gamepad support (with sliiiight autoaim)
- Options and stats are now saved
- Escape no longer ends the game, goes to a placeholder pause screen
- Crisp scaling
- Crowns no longer travel with you after quick restart
- Guns no longer travel with you after quick restart
- Potential steam overlay/screenshot fix
- Potentially fixed yung venuz airhorn crashes
- Possibly fixed the double player bug (kinda sad to remove this... such a cool bug)
- You now always fight mixed enemies when looping (instead of having 1 level with desert enemies first)
- Broke and then fixed the boss intros :P
- Game is now smarter with memory use, should increase performance for some people!
- Laser sword now costs 2 ammo per swing (needs testing)
- LUCKY SHOT now gives you ammo more often
- More accuracy with EAGLE EYES
- Even less accuracy for steroids
- Big bandit can now drop ammo and health instead of just ammo.
- Lower sewer pipe hp
- Eyes now attracts chests with telekinesis
- Big dog waking up should make ravens fly
- Some new robot texts
- Added number of loops to the gameover screen
- Quit button in the menu
- Added total loops and best loops stat
- New euphoria icon
- Big dog no longer fires missiles after death
- [E] to pick up becomes [X] with gamepad
- Renamed RECYCLE GUT into METAL TEETH
- Gamepad set to 0 when not detected at startup
- Sliiiightly bigger maggot hitbox
- Shift and control also pick up weapons
- When playing with gamepad, plug it in and make sure it's active before starting up the game.
- The pause screen doesn't work properly in the dark levels.
- In the options screen, you can't directly control the SFX volume yet. We'll look into a way to get this working eventually.
- Gamepad controls have been designed for xbox 360 controller. We'll eventually add customizable controls. For now: left stick moves, right stick aims, right trigger/bumper fires, left bumper for special, x to pick up weapons, y to swap weapons, start to pause.
- The whole options screen will eventually get an overhaul to make it look and function a bit better. we'll then also add gamepad support for the options screen.
Update #1 - 20 October 2013
- New menu & level up interface
- Character power preview images (these will be animated eventually)
- Basic portal effect inbetween levels
- There are a couple of new skill icons, our artist Paul Veer is still working on making the rest look that nice.
- Ambient sounds for all areas, filter on ambient sounds when in the portal
- Various new sound effects
- Two new work in progress weapons: the toxic bow and splinter gun
- Props in sewers (pipes and toxic barrels)
- Car wrecks in scrapyard
- It now rains in the scrapyard! poor birds
- Steroids throne butt changed, now makes all weapons fully automatic and 1/5 of shots don't cost any ammo!
- Fish now rolls in movement direction instead of towards mouse
- Plant throne butt now makes the snare kill anything under 1/3 health instead of dealing damage
- You can now add a file called "nomusic.txt" or "NOMUSIC.TXT" to the game folder to mute the music.
- There should be less crashes at level loading.
- Game no longer stays in 4_1 after first loop.
- More impact effect tweaks, causing less of a delay when hitting a pile of maggots with a melee weapon.
- Big dog gunangle bug when player dies before he "wakes up" fixed
- Fire traps no longer damage props or wake up the big dog
- Shotgun bullets should no longer clip through walls
- Weapons should no longer rotate like crazy when stuck in walls
- Music no longer stops when quick restarting
- Hopefully fixed the shotgun crashes
- Various random optimization things and small fixes
- Slightly more ammo for energy weapon pickups
- Melee weapons only deal damage once now
- Ever so slightly lower assault rifle rate of fire
- Slightly lower slugger rate of fire
- Lower triple machinegun spread, making it actually useful
- Slightly more screwdriver range
- Radiation canisters now glow
- HUD is now shown when loading/leveling
- Skill icons on the HUD now drawn closer to the side
- Robot now INSTALLS UPDATES instead of SELECT MUTATIONS
- Debris now disappears after a while
- Enemy slash animation is longer
- Grenade launchers no longer automatic
- Lower sound effect volume
- Changed the character descriptions around a bit